UNDP Office has organised internship programme to provide a framework by which students from diverse academic backgrounds may be assigned to UNDP offices, where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments as well providing an opportunity to make substantive contributions to an office’s work. The current internship will provide opportunity for student to learn some aspects of procurement.
The intern will provide support to FRM staff and works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff on finance-related issues and information exchange. Interns are not financially remunerated by UNDP.
- Enrolment in a bachelor degree programme in accountancy. Not have graduated prior to the beginning of the internship;
- Knowledge of – or proven interest in the finance and accounting area;
- Proficiency in English.
- Computer literate in standard software applications, especially MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint;
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP’s Statement of Purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter;
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views;
- An interest in global mobility; adaptability to varied physical and other environments; a desire to work with and gain the confidence and respect of people with different language, national and cultural backgrounds.
For more information and application submission please refer to UNDP Internship page