Many ASEAN universities have established the credit system generally at the undergraduate level to display students’ workload within universities. Credit system is also considered a factor that can facilitate and promote mobility of students and academic exchange among institutions and countries. However, it is obvious that there are different perceptions and steps taken in the credit system of ASEAN countries e.g. Brunei, Thailand and the Philippines, where credits systems are already in use; Malaysia’s effort to harmonise credit systems at the national level and Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam where credit systems have just been introduced.
As a result of globalization process, the world is more integrated and learning opportunity has been widely increasing. Students can easily acces to the knowledge and gain education advantage from around the world. In this case, the effective credit transfer system and its quality assurance will be an important factor to facilitate mobility and raise a number of exchange activities at in-country level, between ASEAN universities or beyond the region.
Scholarship for UGM Students
Universitas Gadjah Mada provides scholarship for 5 (five) UGM students who wish to apply for academic exchange in AUN members. The amount of the scholarship will be adjusted according to the living cost in the host universities.
You can check available universities and their courses here.
- Applicant must be a student in Universitas Gadjah Mada.
- Applicant must has an excellent academic record.
- Applicant must have a good command of written and spoken English.
- Applicant must return to Universitas Gadjah Mada after the programme.
How to Apply:
- Student can check academic calendar, available courses, and available courses at the term of the university he/she would like to study at (Host University) by visiting AUN-ACTS website.(http://acts.ui.ac.id)
- Once the student has decided the university and the courses, he/she should discuss his/her decision with the faculty of his/her university (Home University).Maximum credits taken at the host university is 16, however, student can apply for additional backup courses (maximum 4 credits)
- After discussing with the faculty, the student can apply online at AUN-ACTS website. When student apply online, student has to fill the form of his/her personal details, choose alternate Host Universities, choose proposed courses at offered term at each alternate Host Universities, upload all required documents such as photograph, TOEFL/IELTS certificate, and other supporting documents/certificate to the system, and print the application form from the system. After that, student has to send the application form with all supporting documents to OIA UGM to be reviewed and then nominated.
- Once the nominated student is accepted, then he/she has to confirm the acceptance (student has to choose only one Host University), and then print the learning agreement from the system and submit it to the OIA UGM for approval.
- For the detailed information about the application process, please check this flowchart.
Deadline for submission at OIA
Friday 24 June 2011, 03.00 PM (for Non – Scholarship)
Monday 20 June 2011, 03.00 Pm (for Scholarship)