Kyung Hee University, Korea is offered by Korean Government to incoming exchange students from partner institutions who are good both academically and personally to foster future leaders who can play a key role between Korea and their countries. This year, we are planning to nominate 1 student for the scholarship program.
- Kyung Hee University will nominate the student for 1 semester program and looking for students who will take courses which will be conducted in English not Korean language program. (Undergraduate students only). From this year, students have to take at least one Korea-related elective during their stay.
- Students who received any type of Korean government scholarship are not eligible.
- Freshmen students are not eligible. Only those who completed at least one year at home institution at the time of application can apply for this program.
- The higher GPA that the students have, the higher the chances will be. It’s very important and has been proved for the last few years. It is one of the most important criteria in the selection process.
★ GPA means total GPA at the time of application. If the student’s academic standing is below 80% (out of 100%), the student will not be eligible for this program.
★ Foreign Language Proficiency including English & Korean will be another important factor.
Students submit their score report as proof with other required documents.
- Application form # Use attached form.
- Personal statement (self-introduction) # Use attached form. (typed in Korean or English only). Extracurricular activities including community service (if you have), your career goal (also how this program will help you.) after this program and graduation should be included.
- Please fill out the form with as many experiences as possible to make your one outstanding among many applicants. Maximum: 3 pages in A4 format
- Study Plan # Use attached form. (typed in Korean or English only) Maximum: 3 pages in A4 format
- Recommendation letter (Recommendation letters by professors are preferred.)
- Certificate of Enrollment and Transcript (which shows your student’s academic scores especially total GPA)
- TOPIK and Foreign Language Proficiency Score Report
- Foreign Language Proficiency Score Report should be valid at the time of submission (Dec. 2013). Local English language tests are not counted.
- Other certificates which prove academic performance and extracurricular activities (Optional)
Please send scanned version of the documents via e-mail first as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com and then send them by airmail later.
Deadline to send application is December 25th, 2013
Application form and guideline can be downloaded here
Regarding the program, you can find more information on NIIED website.
http://www.niied.go.kr/eng/contents.do?contentsNo=79&menuNo=350 — Foreign Exchange Students support program
The scholarship amount is subject to change (only slightly including airfare) and once we receive your students’ application packet, we will recommend them to NIIED and the final result is scheduled to be announced in late January, 2014.
It’s totally decided by Korean Government based on your students’ academic performance and submitted documents.
For your reference, this is the exchange program website http://blog.khu.ac.kr/khuexchange.