Toho University, Japan is opening the application for Tohoku University Junior Year Program in English (JYPE). The program will starts on October 1, 2010. The main purpose of this porgram is to offer an oppurtinity for everseas students to take schience, engineering, and education courses at Tohoku University in English. The core course ofthis program is the Invidual Research Training course, where students will research with the support of research groups to which the students are assignet.The program also offers courses on Japanese laguage, culture, and society aimed at promotion of understanding of Japan’s language and socieal customs.
The one year program begins on October 1, 2010. Approximately 30 students from all over the world will be admited.
Eligibility for Application
- The applicant must be enrolled as a regular third or fourth year undergraduate students
- Only available for students from Faculty of Engineering
- Minimum GPA 3.0
First, fill out the online application form on the website, and send the information electronically to Tohoku University
Print out the completed application form, and submit it to Office of International Affairs UGM before March 2, 2010 along with the following supporting materials (2 sets):
- Letter of Recommendation from your faculty addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs (surat pencalonan dari fakultas)
- Statement of Purpose/study plan (one page of A4 size, please be specific)
- Official Transcript
- Letter of recommendation by your advising professor
- Certificate of Enrolment
- A copy of certificate of language proficiency (if any)
- Certificate of Health (download)
- Application for JASSO scholarship (two forms, download)
- Application for Certificate of Eligibility (download)
- A copy of Passport
- Four photoghraphs (3cmx4cm)
Since the program is based on the aexchange agreement between Tohoku and UGM, students are eligiblefor a waiver of Tuition fees. Students also eligible to apply for JASSO Scholarship for an allowance of ¥80.000/month and one time grant of ¥80.000 for relocation allowance.