Universitas Gadjah Mada and Developing Country Partnership Students Association (ISANAM) are collaborating to hold an international conference, “Addressing the Challenges of Human Security, Achieving MDGs” on September 12th – 13th in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. This conference is aimed to provide a venue for dialogues among government officials, policy makers, stakeholders, civil society organizations,scholars and academics from the developing countries concerning rising and challenging issues in the regions.
The main themes of this conference are:
- Food security,
- Economic security,
- Health security,
- Environmental security,
- Personal security,
- Community security,
- and Political security.
Call for Papers
We are inviting you to join the conference, by submitting your papers from various disciplines which are relevant to the theme of the conference:
- Different aspects of human security challenges facing devoleping countries and their implication for MDGs.
- Success (or, otherwise, unsuccessful) story of countries in addressing human security that others can learn from.
- Achieving targets of MDGs in developing countries.
- Developing countries’ partnership and cooperation to address the challenges of human security and achieving MDGs.
- Other topics of interest.
The abstract submission is open from Jun 1 to July 1, 2012. Full paper submission deadline is on August 27, 2012.
Conference Paper Requirements:
- Download the registration form here.
- Paper’s title and content must be relevant to the issues that will be discussed in the conference.
- The paper must be typed onto A4 paper format with Times New Roman font style, size 12, and 1.5 spacing.
- Paper’s abstract is to be written in English and is within the range of 150-200 words.
- The citation style for the paper is endnote, not footnote or running note.
- Abstract and full paper is to be submitted in MS Word format to email@example.com
Participation fee of IDR 250,000.00 for presenter and IDR 200,000.00 for participants (or, IDR 300,000.00 and IDR 250,000.00 respectively, if paid after 27th August 2012). Limited financial assistance covering accommodation and meals is available for 50 selected papers submitted.
Accomodation & Travel Funding
Committee has limited funds available, thus only the 50 selected presenters, considered by the paper submitted, will be provided with accommodation. However, presenters are expected to pay for their own transportation to and from Yogyakarta. Participants are adviced to seek for their own funding for accommodation, transportation and IDR 200,000 for registration fee. The payment should be paid to this bank account number: Johanna L Amakali 1370010102826 (Bank Mandiri).
For more information about this program please contact Hanum Salsabila (+628568784162) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.