[Scholarship is offered for this program]
Application Guideline: Call for TDR International Postgraduate Scholarship Master 3rd batch
Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM), Yogyakarta, Indonesia invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for a place in the following full-time postgraduate programmes, with a focus on Implementation Research for the 2017-2018 academic year.
The scheme, which is provided by TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases based at the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland, provides full scholarship (http://www.who.int/tdr/capacity/strengthening/postgraduate/en/). Only applicants from low and middle-income countries of WHO South-East Asia and West Pacific regions are eligible.
The training will be focused on courses relevant to a career in implementation research on infectious disease of poverty. Implementation research is a growing field that supports the identification of health system bottlenecks and approaches to address them, and is particularly useful in low- and middle- income countries where many health interventions do not research those who need them the most. The goal of this scheme is to enhance postgraduate training capacity and boost the number of researchers in low and middle- income countries.
Further information on implementation research is available from:
Limited number of scholarships will be offered for the 2017/2018 academic year in the International Master Programme in Public Health, leading to a MPH degree (2 years duration). The programme is taught in English. Recipients will be enrolled as postgraduate students, and their careers will be tracked with the new TDR Global alumni and stakeholder platform that will be launched in the next year, providing ongoing monitoring of the impact of the programme, as well as networking and increased visibility opportunities for students.
- Nationals and residences from low- and middle income countries (data.worldbank.org/about/country-and-lending-groups) of WHO South-East Asia and West Pacific regions.
- Applicants should normally be under 35 years old for the Master programme.
- Meet the standard University requirements for international postgraduate students (graduate.fk.ugm.ac.id).
- Return economy airfare between the home country of the student and Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
- Tuition fees and a basic medical and accident insurance.
- Support for research project/thesis expenses, including travel and sustenance during data collection in home country.
- Indonesian language course to improve integration in the university’s environment.
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses equivalent to local living cost.
To apply this program, you must send your application in two step:
1. For International applicants please login at http://um.ugm.ac.id/v.2015.2/foreign/idx.php and choose Master of Public Health. For Indonesian applicants, please login at http://um.ugm.ac.id and choose Ilmu Kesehatan Masyarakat (Public Health) Please send the online form and all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Applicants must also complete the TDR international postgraduate scholarship (application form) and email this form to: email@example.com
|Calendar for applications
Date the call for applications is posted online
|April 28, 2017|
|Deadline for application||August 31, 2017|
|Announcement of selection result||September 30, 2017|
Applicants will have 7 calendar days to confirm acceptance after notification of offer. After this date, it will be assumed that the student refuses the scholarship. Faculty of Medicine UGM reserves the right to refuse or end attribution of the scholarship if the provided information has been proven false.
|August 31st, 2017|
For more information on the scheme at Faculty of Medicine UGM, please contact:
Ms Yuyun Yohana, the Graduate Programme Office, Faculty of Medicine, UGM
Telp : (+62-274) 560300 ext. 205
Fax : (+62-274) 581876