[This program is self-funded]
Smart City, Village, and Region (SCVR) Summer Course is short-term intensive course that takes place in Faculty of Geography, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia. This summer course is designed for students who are willing to learn and work hard to improve their understanding, knowledge and skill in smart city, village, and region. Various participants are encouraged to join this course in order to enrich the discussion; from undergraduate, post graduate, professional, and also institutions. Not only participants will learn the necessary knowledge in class, but also they will do an excursion around Yogyakarta and Surakarta to do direct observation of smart city, village and region implementation in this area.
For further information, please go to: http://www.scvr.ugm.ac.id/index.php
The course material that will be given by Asian and Europeans experts
in Smart city, village, and region will cover various topics:
1. Understanding city, village, and region; and identification of problems
2. Definition and concept of SCVR
3. Infrastructure for supporting SCVR
4. Social political aspects of SCVR
5. Aspect of information technology for SCVR
6. Implementation of SCVR: elements, indicators and components
7. Case study and exercise.
Smart city, village, and region summer course invites university students (graduates, post graduates, and PhD students), professionals, and institutions from all over the globe.
The course fee for students is USD 350 (IDR 4.500.000),
UGM Students is USD 150 (IDR 1.900.000) *without accommodation,
Alumni UGM is USD 250 (IDR 3.250.000) *without accommodation,
for professionals and institutions is USD 600 (IDR 7.500.000) *(without accommodation will be USD 350).
Course fee provides the following facilities:
1. Course kit and Certificate of participation (Indonesian Credit 3 SKS ~ equal to 3 ECTS)
2. Accommodation (sharing room) *
3. Meal (snack, coffee break and lunch)
4. Free Wi-Fi
The course fee excludes local and international airfares, airport taxes, local transports and personal expenses during the stay. For further information, please visit our website at http://www.scvr.ugm.ac.id or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Low cost airfare tickets will be awarded to selected participants
(limited seats, reimbursement method, ASEAN only)
– Registration fee (USD 350) for students from European
Deadline for applications is 7 July 2017.
Acceptance announcement is 10 July 2017.
Closed registration and payment is 17 July 2017.
The summer course will starts in 7 – 15 August 2017.