——— For International Student Only ———
Cancer is a multidisciplinary disease. The usual medical graduation program has the knowledge about oncology scattered all over the curriculum, thereby losing its focus and usefulness. To overcome this deficit in curriculum a comprehensive educational program is designed for the medial student, where the multidisciplinary nature of cancer is taken into consideration.
A limelight of the 2017 International Winter Course on Oncology is a blended learning program at Faculty of Medicine Universitas Gadjah Mada (FK UGM), which is comprised of observership clinical elective at Dr Sardjito Hospital as a teaching hospital of FK UGM, and hands on training at the laboratory.
Compared with the developed countries, Yogyakarta Indonesia, which has a high incidence of cancer at the late stage is totally different in a cancer oncology management with different setting of health care system. There will be specific cases that cannot be found in other countries, thus it would be a value added for international students.
For further information, please visit : http://iro.fk.ugm.ac.id/page-call-for-winter-course-2017-on-oncology.html
1. Breast, NPC & Cervical Cancer
2. Pediatric Solid tumor
4. Lung cancer
5. Liver malignancy
6. Colorectal cancer
7. Rehabilitation Palliative Care
8. Targeted therapy, Tobacco cessation, Rehabilitation, Follow up
• Januari 9-11
Introduction to general principles of oncology, the various tumor types including general anatomy, physiology, diagnosis, and management of surgery and medical.
• Januari 12-18
On January 12, 13, 16, students are going to join in clinical course for bedside teaching and case discussion. Then for the next three days (17-19), students will attach at the laboratory for hands on training.
• January 19-20
The last two days, students will have to deliver poster presentation. Then for the rest of two weeks to fulfill a requirement for 4 weeks internship, students are able to continue internship/elective program in related clinical department.
• Transferable course credit
• Best practices on cancer oncology through multidisciplinary approach model by the international experts consisting of clincians, scientists, and researchers
• Clinical experiences & hands on training
• Social, leisure activities and cultural events
For international students:
• Dean’s recommendation
• Curriculum Vitae
• A copy of passport (ID page only)
• A copy of international student health insurance (optional but strongly recommended)
1) Application open in October-December 2016.
2) Apply online through : http://iro.fk.ugm.ac.id/register-elective.html
3) Apply no later than December 31, 2016.