We are pleased to announce that Ibaraki University is inviting applications for Ibaraki University Exchange Program for 2016. We are accepting a few full-time undergraduate and/or graduate students from your institution under the student exchange agreement between Ibaraki University and Universitas Gadjah Mada.
Applicants must be full-time undergraduate/graduate students Of Universitas Gadjah Mada.
- Students who demonstrate academic excellence and personal integrity
- Students who do not intend to seek a degree at Ibaraki University
- Students who have a definite purpose and plan of study abroad and are expected to obtain benefits through studying in Japan
- Students who, while studying at Ibaraki University, continue to be registered as a full-time student at UGM and return to UGM to continue their studies or to graduate from UGM, as soon as they complete the period of studying at Ibaraki University.
Period of stay
One academic year or less
※1st semester: 1st week of April to the middle of August
2nd semester: 1st week of October to the middle of February
- Status of student
Accepted students will have the status of a Special Auditor
- Students’ arrival date in Japan
Students must arrive in Japan at the beginning of April, 2016 or at the beginning of October, 2016
- “Application Form for the Exchange Program” [Download : ]
- Recommendation Letter from faculty
- “Certificate of Enrollment of the Applicant for the Exchange Program” (Form 3)
- “Study plan in Japan”
- Language proficiency certificate
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Certificate of Academic Record
- Photocopy of Passport (if available)
- Photograph 3×4cm / 2 ×1.5 inch – 3 copies
- Certificate of Physical Examination
- Application for Certificate of Eligibility
- Bank statement, certifying that the applicant has funds of approximately 700,000 yen or more -1 copy
If the applicant’s financial sponsor is paying all the expenses and the bank statement is in the sponsor’s name, the sponsor must certify in writing that he/she will pay for all the applicant’s expenses while the applicant is studying at Ibaraki University.\
Ibaraki University International Exchange Project Scholarship
The applicant must be a student from partner institutions under the student exchange agreement with Ibaraki University. After examining submitted documents, the recipient of the scholarship will be announced. As special measures, the scholarship may be received preferentially by a student from a partner institution with the imbalance in the number of accepted students.
Students who are receiving scholarships (except for loans) more than 50,000 JPY per month, however, are not eligible for this scholarship. We will later notify partner
universities of the possibility that this scholarship can be granted to their students. Monthly stipend : ￥40,000 (up to 10 months)
For further Information about Program Fees, living expenses etc [Download : IU-Exchange-Program-for-2016]
and for application form [download:IU 2016 ]
Please send two copies of your application to Office of International Affairs UGM (Bulaksumur, F13) no latter than 16th September 2015.