As of September, 2014, by the authorization of Chinese Ministry of Education, Harbin University of Science and Technology (HUST) is the institution admitting international students under Chinese government scholarship program.
b. Chinese University Program
A full scholarship to support Harbin University of Science and Technology to select and recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. It only supports master’s programs and doctoral programs.
Applicants shall apply to Harbin University of Science and Technology directly
Chinese Government Scholarship programs sponsor international students, teachers and scholars to undertake degree studies (master or PhD) or academic research in China.
Chinese Government Scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language (preparatory) study. The table below illustrates the duration of each program.
|Program Categories||Major Study(academic year)||Chinese language (preparatory) study(academic year)||Duration ofScholarship(academic year)|
|Master’s programs||2-3||up to 2||2-5|
|Doctoral programs||3-4||up to 2||3-6|
4、Language of Instruction
1. Instruction Language for graduate programs programs.
● Scholarship recipients of Chinese-taught programs without adequate Chinese proficiency must take Chinese language training courses for one to two years to reach the language requirements of Harbin University of Science and Technology before major studies. Failure to reach the required language proficiency will lead to the automatic termination of scholarship. Recipients in such programs as Science, Engineering, Economics, Management, Law and Arts will take Chinese courses for one year. Recipients in Literature, History, Philosophy and Chinese Medicine will take Chinese courses for no more than two years.
● Scholarship recipients of English-taught programs or those with adequate Chinese language proficiency do not need to take Chinese language courses
5、 Coverage of Chinese Government Scholarship
● A waiver fee of registration, tuition.
● Free on-campus dormitory accommodation.
● A living allowance at the following rates( per month),
master’s students & general scholars: CNY3000;
doctoral students & senior scholars: CNY3500.
Scholarship recipients registering before the 15th of the registration month (the 15th included) will be granted the full living allowance of that month. Recipients registering after the 15th of the registration month will be granted half of the living allowance of that month.
● Outpatient medical service and Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China.
- Application form (will be given after nominated by UGM )
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Official Academic Transcript
- English proficiency certificate (Toefl or IELTS)
- Student Enrollment from faculty
- Letter of recommendation from faculty and or supervisior
- copy of passport
- Study plan or research proposal
- Applicants for music are requested to submit one cassette recording of the applicants’ own work. Applicants for fine arts must submit six color photographs of personal works (two sketches, two color paintings and two other works).
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Kantor Urusan International UGM (Bulaksumur, F13) no later than March 19, 2016