[This program is self-funded]
The Universität Leipzig is international. Around 28.500 students from Germany and all over the world are enrolled in a degree programme at the second eldest university in Germany. The more than 2.800 foreign students are an essential part of the international scholarly discourse and a great support for the development of the university into an academic institution beyond boundaries. The Universität Leipzig is all about innovation, interdisciplinarity, and – having 14 faculties – offers a wide range of study and research options. This is program offer for summer term student exchange 2017.
For more information, please visit: http://www.zv.uni-leipzig.de/studium/studium-international/erasmus-austauschstudierende.html
SUMMER TERM DATES
Language and orientation course (not mandatory, few places an early application is recommended) mid of March until the end of March – exact dates will follow).
Interested exchange students can participate in the language and orientation course three weeks prior to the semester start. It takes place in each semester and is free of charge – with only 105 EUR as material fee. Students just tick “YES” in the online application at the appropriate box if they want to take part. Dates will be updated soon.
Introduction/orientation Week at the end of March/beginning of April (exact dates will follow with the acceptance letter).
Classes from 03.04.2017 (Monday) to 08.07.2017 (Saturday) (Semester break until end of September)
The actual course list will be available around mid of February, students can use the actual course offers to plan their semester schedule (or if they need a learning agreement). The course lists are available only directly from the web sites of the relevant institutes. Students choose from:
Choose the relevant semester and follow the Department (Fakultät). The structure is then giving them the relevant institutes within the Department. On the institute’s websites the course.
Detailed information will be sent with the acceptance letter.
English taught courses are offered in different programs, please, find attached the overview:
• Colored copy of passport
• Official academic transcript
• Study Plan (no concrete learning agreement necessary, but choose your faculty and subjects you want to take in Leipzig. It has been accepted and signed by academic supervisor/vice dean in UGM as home university)
• Letter of Enrolment from faculty
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs, UGM)
• Letter of Recommendations from academic advisors
• English Language Proficiency Test Results (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 8.0 or IELTS 6.0)
• German Language Proficiency (B2 recommended, Min. B1 for German taught course)
• Passport-size Photo (2 pcs, 3×4 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue online registration and OIA will send your application to Leipzig Univerity as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Leipzig Univerity.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than November 25, 2016.