Japan is the only country in the world to suffer from atomic bombs and a nuclear power disaster. Energy is a major issue in the world today so it is important to learn about and discuss this issue together. For this program participants students are from universities in the USA, France, Germany, Turkey, Indonesia and Vietnam. These are countries which already use nuclear power or are considering it. The program will include visits to the Peace Park and Museum in Hiroshima and a nuclear power plant. You will discuss the science of nuclear power and related policy issues. No expertise in nuclear physics is required.
The program will also include Japanese cultural activities, a 3-day home stay and opportunities to have exchange with Japanese students.
Date: Sept. 10-24 (Must arrive in Matsuyama on Sept. 9)
Place: Ehime University, Matsuyama, Japan
Lodging: Students will stay together in a kind of youth hostel near the campus.
Cost: Students will receive a ¥80,000 scholarship from the Japan Student
Services Organization (JASSO) which will cover 90% of their
expenses in Matsuyama (program fees, housing and most meals).
Students must pay for their airfare to and from Matsuyama
Application Deadline: June 23rd, 2015
- UGM Undergraduate or Graduate Students
- Certificate of enrollment
- Official academic transcript
- English proficiency certificate (TOEFL, IELTS)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Letter of recommendation
- Surat pencalonan dari dekan ditunjukkan kepada Kepala Kantor Urusan Internasional UGM
- Submit a 2~3 page report in English at the end of the program (Will be informed latter)
- Fill out an intercultural survey online before and after the program. (Will be informed latter)
- All students must have travel insurance
Please fill application below and send two copies of your application to Office of International Affairs UGM (Bulaksumur, F13) before 23rd June 2015.
Category: Scholarship , Summer School