[The program is self-funded]
The European Summer Program is a four-week academic course for international students who want to discover France and Europe. It has taken place in June and July every year since 2001, in Lille, in the north of France, welcoming students (and instructors) from around the world to the Université Catholique de Lille, at the heart of Europe.
For further information, please visit: http://www.univ-catholille.fr/european-summer-program/esp.asp
4 programs are available for students looking for the right summer abroad program:
– Arts, Social Science, and Business: students take intensive French language classes in the mornings and an elective chosen from a variety of fields and topics, taught in English, in the afternoon.
– Science and Engineering: students attend 80 hours of tuition in English in areas such as Sustainable Development and Social Responsibility. NEW in 2017: in both sessions, a choice between a program fully taught in English OR including an intensive French language course in the mornings
– “French Only” immersion: students take a high intermediate or advanced French intensive course in the mornings + an elective in the afternoon, all taught in French. NEW in 2017: for students with French levels from A2- to B1+ or B2+ (CEFR)
– European & International Law: graduate and/or undergraduate students take 80 hours of tuition in English with a focus on European Policy Making (ESP1) or Comparative Transatlantic Law (ESP2). NEW in 2017: available in both sessions with or without a French language component
The ESP is an academic program that allows students to transfer credits back to their university of origin. ALSO NEW IN 2017: Course options spread over the 2 months to allow more in-depth study and more credits
The program is designed as a “full package,” including courses, accommodation, pick-up at the train station, and various group activities, including field trips within northern France and to other exciting European destinations.
List of course offered: http://www.univ-catholille.fr/european-summer-program/list-of-courses.asp
ESP1: 30 May to 23 June 2017
ESP2: 28 June to 21 July 2017
2900 euros for the whole package. (special group rates and discounts for students staying 2 months)
The price includes a full package program:
– Tuition fees and course materials
– Accommodation in single rooms with wifi access in the dorm
– Meal Pass
– Orientation program
– Company visits
– Monthly transportation pass
– Access to University facilities
– Fieldtrips to Brussels and Bruges and more
– 5 group dinners
– Movie nights
Students also have the possibility of extra visits and weekend trips to places such as Amiens and WW1 battlefields, Paris, Normandy, and Amsterdam.
1. Apply online through website: https://uclille.moveonfr.com/locallogin/57ff50a93e5d66fa02f0d4ab/eng
2. Next step application guide, please visit: http://www.univ-catholille.fr/european-summer-program/application.asp
3. Deadline: 1 April 2017 for ESP1 and 1st May for ESP2