This program provides students with an opportunity to obtain two master’s degrees in two majors over a period of three years, one from an AUN member university and the other from Kyoto University. To obtain two master’s degrees in two different two-year master’s programs usually takes four years, but this program enables students to finish it in three years by offering intensive courses and utilizing a credit transfer system. The fields of study provided in this program are “Food and Water Resources” and “Energy and Environment.”
Students in the double-degree program are enrolled at both an AUN member university and Kyoto University for three years (due to differences in academic calendars, enrollment at Kyoto University begins in October). Students conduct coursework and research at the AUN member university in the first year, and then move to Japan and conduct coursework and research, write their thesis, and pass the thesis defense at KU in the second year. Subsequently, they return to the AUN member university where they continue research work and submit another thesis. On succeeding the second thesis defense at the AUN member university, two master’s degrees are conferred.
A model of learning schedule
Course lists and syllabi
◆Graduate School of Agriculture (Course descriptions)
◆Graduate School of Energy Science
● Department of Socio-Environmental Energy Science (SEES) ○ Course list
● Department of Fundamental Energy Science (FES) ○ Course list
● Department of Energy Conversion Science (ECS) ○ Course list
● Department of Energy Science and Technology (EST) ○ Course list
● IESC sujects ○ Course list ○Syllabus
◆AUN-KU Student Mobility Program Common Subjects
The AUN-KU Student Mobility Program will assume the following cost:
- Round-trip airfare;
- Accommodation while staying in japan (to be provided by Kyoto University)
Scholarship from japan Student Services Organization may be also available for a period of 12 months.
- Student of Graduate (Master) School Universitas Gadjah Mada Cluster Agro
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- English proficiency certificate (TOEFL ITP Min=530, IBT=80, IELTS=6.0)
- Official Transcript
- Student Enrollment
- Letter of recommendation
Please send all documents above to Kantor Urusan International UGM (Bulaksumur, F13) no latter than 19 January 2016.