ChonBuk National University & Jeonju
Chonbuk National University (CBNU) was founded in 1947 and is one of the oldest and largest universities among 24 national universities in Korea. It is located in Jeonju, a calm yet exciting southern city in the Republic of Korea.
Jeonju, 240km (144miles) south of Seoul, is the capital city of the Jeollabuk-do province. The city is known for its history and artistic traditions. It is also the birthplace of the root of Choseon Dynasty which the Yi family ruled the country from 1392 to 1910.
◆ Korean Language Courses & Korean Traditional Culture Course
- CBNU offers Korean language courses and Korean traditional culture experience course.
- Three levels of Korean language class: Basic, Intermediate and Advanced.
Each class includes speaking, listening, writing, reading, and grammar courses.
- Only for undergraduate students.
|Basic Korean for Foreigners||Listening||3|
|Intermediate Korean for Foreigners||Listening||3|
|Advanced Korean for Foreigners||Listening||3|
|Practice in Traditional Korean Culture||2|
◆ Financial Support
Tuition fee, dormitory fee waived
◆ Period of Study
One semester / One year
◆ Required Documents
- Certificate of enrollment
- Surat pencalonan dari dekan ditunjukkan kepada Kepala Kantor Urusan Internasional UGM
- Curriculum Vitae
- Application form for exchange student [Download: Form Exchange Student Application]
- Study Plan (Korean or English) [Download: Academic Planning Form]
- Official Transcript (Korean or English)
- Recommendation Letter from Home University (English or Korean)
- English proficiency certificate (TOEFL, IELTS)
- A photocopy of passport
- 2 passport photos in a white background(3.5㎝×4.5㎝)
◆ Deadline: June 22, 2015 (TUE)
Please send two copies of your application to Office of International Affairs UGM (Bulaksumur, F13)
◆ Insurance & Health Check-up
- Students must purchase insurance and submit it to the office upon their arrival.
- If students want to purchase insurance in Korea, the fee is approximately 125,000 ~ 150,000 KRW per semester.
- The insurance covers the cost of regular treatment, medicine, surgery, and hospitalization at a hospital.
Note: The insurance does not cover dental and a cosmetic procedure
- The result of Health Check-up (tuberculosis, TB) or x-ray is required to move into dormitory.
◆ Residence Hall
- Fee: Approximately 1,000,000 KRW/semester for the new BTL dormitory
Note: Maintenance fees and meals are included. Divided payments are not accepted.
– Double occupancy
– Students have three meals a day in dormitory cafeteria except Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. Students are not allowed to cook in the dormitory due to fire safety concerns.
– Each room has its own bathroom and it is furnished with a desk, a chair, an air conditioner, a bed, a wardrobe, a telephone. Broadband (internet access) is available in a room.
– Students should bring their own blankets, pillows, and toiletries (soap, towels).
– Other Facilities: Reading room, Computer Hall, Laundry Room, Ironing Room, Convenient Store, Audiovisual Room
- Students should transfer the dormitory fee into bank account before leaving home country. The payment date and bank account information will be informed by email.