[Scholarship is offered for this program]
Aiming to enhance international exchange & cooperation, and encourage more excellent international students across the world to study in Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou University hereby introduces “Zhengzhou University President Scholarship” (hereinafter referred to as the scholarship).
The scholarship supporting student studying in all programs offered in Zhengzhou University including Chinese language, degree programs, but the focuses on supporting students in doctor programs. The duration and coverage of scholarship is shown in the following.
I Supporting Category and Duration
|Program||Duration of Program||Duration of Scholarship|
|Chinese language||0.5—1 school year||0.5—1 school year|
|Pre-bachelor||0.5—1 school year||0.5—1 school year|
|Pre-master||0.5—1 school year||0.5—1 school year|
|Pre-doctoral||0.5—1 school year||0.5—1 school year|
|Bachelor||2—6 school years||2—6 school years|
|Master||2—3 school years||2—3 school years|
|Doctor||3—4 school years||3—4 school years|
II Coverage and Standard
|Chinese language||Full tuition||No||No|
|Doctor||Full tuition||CNY 750/month||CNY 3,000/month|
|Note：Registration fee, textbooks, thesis defense, medical check-up, medical insurance, medical clinics, residence permit and other expenses are afforded by students themselves.|
III Instruction Languages
Generally, the teaching language is Chinese, and some programs are taught in English. Please visit (http://international.zzu.edu.cn/) for details.
IV Time of Application
For spring semester: From the year of 15th November till the following year 15th January (non-degree student)
For autumn semester: From the year 1st March till 30th June (all students)
1. Non-Chinese citizen, physically healthy, without crime record;
2. Abide by the laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China as well as regulations of ZZU;
3. Good learning attitude and academic performance;
4. Requirements for applicant’s degree and age:
1) Applicants for Chinese language study program must have a senior high school diploma or higher degree or equivalent degree, and aged less than 55 years old;
2) Applicants for pre-bachelor program (bachelor student) must have a senior high school diploma or higher degree or equivalent degree, and aged less than 25 years old;
3) Applicants for pre-master program (master student) must have a bachelor degree or higher degree or equivalent degree, and aged less than 35 years old;
4) Applicants for pre-doctoral program (doctoral student) must have a master’s degree or higher degree or equivalent degree, and aged less than 45 years old;
5. Requirements for applicant’s language competence:
1) Applicants for Chinese language study program do not need Chinese or English foundation;
2) Applicants for pre-doctoral, pre-master and pre-bachelor programs taught in Chinese must have Level 4 scored 180 or higher, Level 3 scored 180 or higher and Level 1 scored 120 or higher (or equivalent level) respectively in the New HSK Examination;
3) Applicants for doctoral, master and bachelor programs taught in Chinese must get Level 6 scored 210 or higher, Level 5 scored 210 or higher and Level 4 scored 210 or higher (or equivalent level) respectively in New HSK Examination;
4) Applicants for doctoral, master and bachelor programs taught in English must get 7.0, 6.5 and 6.0 or higher (or equivalent level) respectively in IELTS if they are from non-English speaking countries;
5) Applicants for doctoral, master and bachelor programs taught in English must provide credentials of English level, certificate of English study and examination for instance, instead of IELTS or TOFEL score.
Note：Applicants who have won the Chinese Government Scholarship, Confucius Institute Scholarships, scholarships of foreign authorities, scholarships of foreign enterprises, scholarships of Chinese local governments, scholarships of Chinese enterprises or all the other scholarships are not allowed to apply for this scholarship.
VI Application Documents
Applicants must fill in Application Form and submit the following supporting documents:
1. Original or notarized copies of highest degree credentials (applicants must additionally submit study certificate or employment certificate issued by the applicants’ schools or units if the applicants are students or employed). Documents in neither Chinese nor English must be attached with a notarized Chinese or English translations;
2. Applicants for bachelor, master and doctoral programs must provide original or notarized copies of senior high school baccalaureate transcripts, bachelor study transcripts, and bachelor and master study transcripts respectively. Documents in neither Chinese nor English must be attached with a notarized Chinese or English translations;
3. Applicants for bachelor, master and doctoral programs must provide study plans of at least 400 words, research plans of at least 600 words and research plans of at least 800 words respectively written in Chinese or English;
4. Applicants for master and doctoral programs must provide two letters of recommendation from associate professors or professors respectively written in Chinese or English;
5. Applicants for programs of art majors such as music and fine arts must submit their own works created based on the requirements of ZZU;
6. Officially recognized Chinese level or English level certificates or equivalent language competence certificates;
7. Original or notarized copies of Foreigner Physical Examination Form and blood test reports, filled in Chinese or English;
8. Original or notarized copies of certificates of no criminal record. Documents in neither Chinese nor English must be attached with a notarized Chinese or English translations;
9. Applicants must submit powers of attorney for affairs in China, powers of attorney for guardians in China, or other data concerned approved by Chinese embassies abroad if aged under 18 years old.
VII Process of Application
1. Visit the website of “Study in ZZU” to find the information about the program and teaching language： http://international.zzu.edu.cn.
2. Prepare complete corresponding application documents as required in the list of “application documents”;
3. Log in on “ZZU Online Application System for International Students” to submit online applications. http://apply.zzu.edu.cn
VIII Process of Admission
1. ZZU makes comprehensive assessment on applications and announces the final list of scholarship fellow on the website of “Study in ZZU” by 30th January and 15th July every year;
2. ZZU notifies scholarship fellow of the admission results and follow-up information by e-mail or phone by 20th January and 5thJuly every year;
3. ZZU sends Letter of Admission, Visa Application for Study in China and other admission documents to scholarship fellow in person by international express by 30th January and 15th July every year.
IX Visa Processing
Scholarship fellow should apply for their study visas in Chinese embassies in their own countries in person with their own ordinary passports,Letter of Admission, Visa Application for Study in China, Foreigner Physical Examination Form and blood test reports. Those studying in China with other types of passports and visas are deemed ineligible for the Scholarship.
Scholarship fellow should register on campus and complete the registration procedures ahead of ZZU deadline with their own passports,Letter of Admission and Visa Application for Study in China. Those who cannot register at the scheduled time for any reason must apply for leave from ZZU in written form attached with their credentials. The leave, in principle, must be less than two weeks and those who fail to apply for leave or stay beyond the deadline are deemed to have forfeited their qualifications for enrollment and the Scholarship. Scholarship fellow shall pay other expenses if registering in advance.
XI Physical Examination and Residence Registration
1. Scholarship fellow must register for accommodation on campus and report to local police station in the area under administration in 24 hours upon arrival at ZZU;
2. Scholarship fellow must undergo health examination in local health quarantine administration in 7 days upon arrival at ZZU. Those who fail to conduct the examination or banned from entry to China for suffering some diseases specified in the laws of the People’s Republic of China after examination shall be ordered to exit China before the deadline and they shall be spontaneously deprived of their qualifications for the Scholarship;
3. Scholarship fellow, after passing the health examination, must conduct the procedures for residence permit in the local exit and entry administration in 30 days since they arrive in China.
XII Major Change,Transfer and Extension
Scholarship fellow are not allowed to change their majors, transfer to other schools or extend their study duration after they arrive in China. For scholarship fellow that need to change their majors, transfer to other schools, or extend their study duration in special cases, their schools must file applications to the provincial department of education and as soon as the applications are approved, their requested change of major, transfer or extension of study duration shall be made. Those who take the liberty to change majors, transfer to other schools or extend their study duration shall be deprived of their qualifications as scholarship fellow.
XIII Annual Scholarship Review
In order to enhance the incentive function of the Scholarship, ZZU makes annual review of scholarship fellow whose study duration is over 1 year and decides whether to continue to offer financial aid for them in the following school year.
XIV Acceptance Department
International Student Admission Office of Zhengzhou University
Add：No.100 Science Avenue, Zhengzhou, Henan, PR. China