[Scholarship is offered for this program]
It is gratifying that we signed MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) in 2015. As we looking forward to cooperate with you based on MOU, we sincerely offer scholarship for students who are from your university and are interested in Chinese language. Our language program include: Four-Week Chinese study program, One-Semester and One-Academic-Year Chinese Study Program, Bachelor’s Degree Program.
Our Four-Week Chinese language program is welcomed by foreign groups. Yunnan is China’s most minority provinces, besides Han, there are 26 ethnic groups, which nearly occupied 1/3 of total population. Being known as “kingdom of plants and animals”, Yunnan characterized by abundant natural resources and pleasant weather. Our Four-week program fully take these location advantages, we carry out culture experience activities, human landscape visiting, common expressions during the program. Students who have participated in this program are feeling very meaningful.
Since our university has been listed as one of the host institutions from Confucius Institute Headquarter/Hanban for 8 years, we have received more than 100 Confucius Institute Scholarship holders from more than 30 countries of Europe, Asia, Africa and Oceania for learning Chinese, Every student has had a wonderful learning experience at our university.
2017 Confucius scholarship application has already begun and will last till the end of June. I am writing in regards to a breakthrough in terms of our cooperation.
There are some documents attached, about Introduction to Chinese Learning Program, International School which is charging all the international Students issues, and Overview of Southwest Forestry University. Please take some of your time to check out those materials and we hope students who are interested in these programs have the opportunities to achieve their goal.
• Application Package fwd
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Southwest Forestry University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Southwest Forestry University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than June 8, 2017.