[Scholarships are offered for this program]
One of the top 50 law schools in the world, the UTS Faculty of Law is located in Sydney’s creative technologies hub in the central business district. This 2-week intensive program is designed to provide foreign nationals with a foundation in legal theory and practice in the Australian and international context. Enjoy Summer in Sydney whilst attending seminars across a range of areas in law and taking part in law-related field trips.
Please click here to view the Program schedule for 2017.
Three scholarships are available for high achieving participants, valued at AUD$1000, $800 and $600. Scholarships are awarded on the final day of the Summer School to the top three participants who best demonstrate thoughtful engagement with the program topics during seminars.
Who will benefit?
This program is particularly useful for current international university students with an interest in exploring legal topics in the Australian and international context while experiencing Summer in Sydney.
Participants will gain a basic understanding of the Australian Common Law system through seminar discussion and the planned field trips.
- Introduction to the Common Law Legal System
- Constitutional Law
- Criminal Law
- Animal Law
- International Sale of Goods / CISG
- Corporate Law
- International Environmental Law
- Comparative study of Intellectual Property
- Media and Communications Law
Field trips and other activities:
- Welcome and orientation
- Visit NSW Parliament
- Visit NSW Supreme Court / District Court
- Visit NSW Local Court
- Visit Redfern Legal Centre
- Closing ceremony and certificate presentation
- Farewell BBQ
The cost of the program includes:
- Field trips
- On-campus Wi-Fi
- Learning materials
- Library access
- Farewell BBQ
- Certificate of attendance
About the presenter:
Seminars will be presented by various UTS:Law academics with national and international expertise in the discussion areas.
This program is delivered entirely in English, so a sound proficiency in the English language is essential.
Participants who wish to access UTS on-campus Wi-Fi internet will require their own device (laptop, tablet or smartphone).
This short course is scheduled to run only if minimum enrolment numbers are met by 31 October 2016. After enrolling via this page, registrants are advised to refrain from booking flights and accommodation until they have received written confirmation from UTS:Law Short Courses that the program will proceed.
- To pay by credit card (Amex, Mastercard or Visa) – proceed to the ‘BOOK NOW’ button and follow the prompts.
- To pay by cheque or Electronic Funds Transfer – please complete the Manual Enrolment on Invoice Request Form and email firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that this will take up to 15 business days for UTS to issue and payment must be received and processed by UTS prior to 14 January 2017 for enrolment to occur. If a student wants to request an invoice, it is recommended that this be done no later than 16 December 2016.
Contacts for further questions:
- For International Summer School enquiries, please contact UTS:Law Short Courses via email at email@example.com or phone +61 2 9514 3071.
- For enrolment / financial enquiries, please contact UTS Short Courses & Conferences via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 2 9514 2912.
3 scholarships are available for high achieving students valid at $1000, $800 and $600
• Colored copy of passport
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisior
• Letter of Enrolment from faculty
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs, UGM)
• English Language Proficiency Test Results (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 8.0 or IELTS 6.0)
• Passport-size Photo (2 pcs, 3×4 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal selection.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application and make the applicant ranking.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue to fill Online Application Form to UTS as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from UTS.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than October 26, 2016.