1. Project Title: The Exchange Fellowship Programme
2. Background: The ASEAN-ROK Academic Exchange Programme is the occurring programme of the collaboration between ASEAN University Network (AUN) and Korean Association of Southeast Asian Studies (KASEAS). Funded by ASEAN-ROK Future Cooperation Fund, the Programme of 1999 – 2015 had been fulfilled with positive result and feedback. As it aims to provide opportunity for the academic sphere of ASEAN and Korea to intensify mutual collaboration and to promote a new regional identity and solidarity of East Asia, the 2016/2017 Programme comprises three activities, which are Korea-ASEAN Academic Workshop, Korea ASEAN Academic Conference and Exchange Fellowship Programme. The Exchange Fellowship Programme is designed to offer scholars and graduate students from Korea and ASEAN to experience and understand each other by conducting research in areas that are essential for the consideration of ASEANROK solidarity. For ASEAN side, the grant will be given to 10 distinguish candidates. The researchers are encouraged to publish their articles in the international journal as an output of this programme.
3. Objectives: ASEAN-ROK Academic Exchange Programme is a reoccurring project between Korean Association of Southeast Asian Studies (KASEAS) and ASEAN University Network (AUN) with the objectives to: a. promote greater understanding in political security, economics, sociocultural, and other prioritised areas that are aligned with “ASEAN-ROK Plan of Action to Implement the Joint Declaration on Strategic Partnership for Peace and Prosperity (2016-2020)”. b. sensitise the academic community of both regions toward the areas of common interest. c. transcend possible learning experience from the Republic of Korea to ASEAN and vice versa in the areas of mutual interest to the applicants and Korean host institutions.
4. Eligible Applicants: Scholars, graduate students and researchers who are interested in Korean studies, East Asian studies or other comparative themes.
5. Application Procedure:
a. Applicants are requested to fill out the application form and submit together with the CV and research proposal to the AUN Secretariat through their universities. The deadline for the application to arrive the AUN Secretariat is no later than 25 July 2016. The University may have different deadline for the applicants.
b. After the selection process, the AUN Secretariat will inform the result to the universities with a copy to the successful candidates. The process is planned to be finished by early August 2016.
c. The selected candidates are requested to sign the contract with the AUN Secretariat for further financial support arrangement.
a. The successful candidates shall conduct his/her research work in the Republic of Korea for 2 weeks – 6 months. The research period is during August 2016 – February 2017.
b. The researchers are requested to submit a progress report and final paper as the following timeline; Progress report: 2 weeks after arriving Korea Completed research output: 3 months after returning to the countries and no later than May 2017.
7. Language and Format:
Research papers must be written in English. The required format of research work are as follow;
o Text Program: Microsoft Word o Font: Times New Roman, size 11
o Paper side: A5; Margin: Top, Bottom, Left, Right 2cm (adjust at File, Page Setup)
o Footnotes: End note Format o References format : (Chicago style) Family name, First name of Author (date), Title, Place: publisher.
o Length of each paper: 30-40 single-spaced pages, A5
o Tentative Deadline for Submission: 3 months after returning to home country but not later than April 2015
o Work to be Submitted: in one printed form plus a CD (send by post to the AUN secretariat)
8. Financial Support:
The successful candidates will be eligible for financial support of 4,000 USD for Master students, 5,000 USD for Ph.D. students and researchers, and 6,000 USD for faculty members. These amounts include all expenses that would occur from conducting research work such as travel expenses, room and board, meals, transportation, printing and postage. Upon the signatory of the contract, researchers will be eligible to obtain 50% of the total amount of financial support in his/her own category. The other 50% will be furnished after the full report is acknowledged by the AUN Secretariat.
- Application form download –> Application Form (for download)
- Letter(s) of recommendation from faculty
- Student Enrollment from faculty
- Official academic transcript
- Curriculum Vitae
- English proficiency certificate: TOEFL-PBT: 550, TOEFL-iBT: 79, IELTS: 6.0.
- Copy of Passport.
- Motivation Letter
Please send 2 copies of all documents above to Kantor Urusan International UGM (Bulaksumur, F13) no later than : 14 JULY 2016.