SPECIAL FOR UGM LECTURERS AND STUDENTS:
REGISTER VIA OIA UGM BEFORE 15 May 2015 FOR POSSIBLE SPONSOR FROM AUN-SEED-net
â€œToward Sustainable Development and Managementof Mineral Resourcesâ€
CITITEL HOTEL, PENANG,
September, 29-30th, 2015
This conference set to offer a common platform that provides a venue to discuss and share the latest information, issues, technologies and findings related to current development and achievement for sustainable development and management of Mineral Resources in ASEAN and Japan. ASEAN is a very dynamic region with rapid economic growth and industrialisation status. In years to come ASEAN economy may witness continuous development, especially in geological and mineral sectors.
However, rapid growth of the ASEAN population may result in increased demand for food, energy and mineral resources. It is a great challenge to those related in managing such issues, where the demand for sustainable operation and conservation plus proper environment and mineral resource managements are strongly becoming key topics nowadays. Thus, this is a great challenge and a huge opportunity for scientists and engineers to play their role in contributing ideas and solutions to the issues. Minimum environmental damage via advancement in technologies, recycling and better management practices through research would perhaps be the answer for a better future.
This conference will be of particular interest and benefit to scientists, academicians, management, consultants, government authorities and agencies, and interested individual to keep abreast with the latest development in such issues.
Topics/areas of interest (inexhaustible to):
- ï‚§ Economic Geology/Industrial Minerals
- ï‚§ Engineering and Environmental Geology
- ï‚§ Surface and Underground Mining
- ï‚§ Occupational, Safety and Health (OSHA)
- ï‚§ Mineral/Geo-resource Processing
- ï‚§ Minerals and Materials Recycling
- ï‚§ Environmental Engineering in Mining/Quarrying
- ï‚§ Mine / Quarry Rehabilitation
- ï‚§ Mineral Application
- ï‚§ Remote Sensing and Applied Geophysics
- ï‚§ Petroleum Engineering/Geology
- ï‚§ Volcanology and Geothermal
Abstract and Full Paper Submission Guidelines
- Authors are invited to submit an abstract of about 250 words and subsequently, a full paper using MS Office (Word 2010, Arial, 10 ppt) using the conferenceâ€™s standard template.
- The length of the paper should not exceeding 6 pages including illustrations, figures and tables. The abstract and the completed paper are required to be submitted to the secretariat via e-mail before the deadlines.
- The technical papers should be concise, free from obvious spelling, grammatical and other errors. Figures and illustrations must be in *.tiff, *.tif or *.JPEG formats and are of excellent quality.
- Abstracts Submission Deadline: May, 31 th 2015
- Notification of abstract acceptance : June, 30th 2015
- Final paper due : August, 30th 2015
- Paper preparation and submission guidelines, format and other details/latest announcement are available at: http://material.eng.usm.my/rcgeoe2015.html
Selected abstracts/extended abstracts will be selected to be developed into full paper for publication in Asean Engineering Journal (AEJ)
Conference / Registration Fees
International: USD 250.00, per participant/paper.
The registration fees for the conference entitle participants/speakers to all sessions, conferences materials (proceeding luncheon and refreshments.
Please take note: Paper(s) submitted without registration fees/ official payment/bankslip or advice voucher as well as when the full paper received later than due date would not be included in the conference proceeding.
Note: Excluding delegates/participants sponsored by the AUN-SEED-net secretariat, Bangkok
Email: Ms. Kanjana Arunyik <firstname.lastname@example.org> Ms. Vituta Silakhum <email@example.com>
Inquiries and Correspondence
For further enquiries/correspondence please contact:
Organising Committee of RC-GeoE2015,
School of Materials & Mineral Resources Engineering,
UNIVERSITI SAINS MALAYSIA,
14300 Nibong Tebal, Penang, Malaysia
Tel: 04-594 1010 (DL) / 04 599 5999
Ext: 6106 / 6101, 6106 and 6116
Fax: 04-594 1011 (firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries)
Email: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org/
Organising Committee of SIMPOMIN 2015
Mineral Research Centre,
Minerals and Geoscience Department Malaysia
Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah,
31400, Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan
Fax: 05-5477185 (email@example.com for inquiries)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com