Warm greetings from Sophia University, Tokyo!
The origin of Sophia University can be traced back to more than 450 years ago when the Jesuit missionary Francis Xavier came to Japan in 1549 to spread Christianity in Japan. In recent years, Sophia University led the move to internationalization in Japan, providing study and educational opportunities that take its increasingly complex world into account. Over the years, the university has created an original global network that allows researchers and students from overseas to teach and study in Japan, and Japanese researchers and students to do the same abroad. Sophia University provides an excellent educational environment for the era of internationalization, cultivating “Men and Women for Others, with Others” who can excel on the global stage.
We are pleased to inform you that the Application for Sophia University Student Exchange for Autumn 2020 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
Fact Sheet (Sophia University)
More information regarding application to Sophia Exchange could be found here:
- 3rd to 6th-semester undergraduate students (S1)
- 3rd to 4th-semester graduate students (S2/S3)
- Enrolled in Universitas Gadjah Mada during the program
- Application form (printed after online submission/nominated)
- Letter of Recommendation from Academic Advisor (after nominated, form provided)
- Certificate of Health (after nominated, form provided)
- Passport-size Photos (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Application for Certificate of Eligibility (online submission, after nominated)
- Housing Application (online submission, after nominated)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head of Office of International Affairs UGM)
- Official Academic Transcript (if the transcript does not include a list of courses you are enrolled in this current semester, please submit a currently enrolled course list separately)
- Colored Copy of Passport
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=550, iBT 79 or IELTS 6.0)
- JLPT official test report (for applicants to departments/graduate programs taught in Japanese)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to the Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your official nomination to Sophia University and you may proceed to the online application for host-university selection.
- The FINAL decision from Sophia University.