Greetings from Nagoya University, Japan!
Nagoya University has a 144-year history, dating from when the Temporary Medical School/Public Hospital — the forerunner of today’s Nagoya University — was established in 1871. The University became the last Imperial University of Japan in 1939, and the educational reforms in 1949 led to the beginning of Nagoya University under the new education system. From that time to this day, the University has been pursuing steady development.
As of 2018, Nagoya University boasts nine undergraduate schools, 13 graduate schools, three research institutes and three inter-university service facilities, standing strong and proud as one of the country’s core “comprehensive” universities.
We are pleased to inform that the application for Nagoya University Summer Intensive Program (NUSIP) 2020 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students.
The 2020 summer program at Nagoya University will provide students with a rare opportunity to connect with and play a role in automobile technology. The program offers academic credits towards students’ engineering degrees and beyond the core curriculum, students may further supplement their practical know-how with enrichment as they are exposed to the authentic environment of the automobile factory and research center. A Japanese language course is also offered.
June 17th – July 22nd, 2020
- Curriculum vitae
- Colored copy of passport
- Official academic transcript
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
- Statement of purpose (written in English with minimum 400 words)
- Health certificate (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to the Office of International Affairs, UGM for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will send your nomination to Nagoya University for host-university selection.
- THE FINAL decision from Nagoya University.
Please send all documents above in SOFTCOPY to Office of International Affairs, UGM (compiled in 1 PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 24th, 2020.