Greetings from University of Tokyo, Japan!
The University of Tokyo is a world-class platform for research and education, contributing to human knowledge in partnership with other leading global universities. The University of Tokyo aims to nurture global leaders with a strong sense of public responsibility and a pioneering spirit, possessing both deep specialism and broad knowledge. The University of Tokyo aims to expand the boundaries of human knowledge in partnership with society. Details about how the University is carrying out this mission can be found in the University of Tokyo Charter and the Action Plans.
Currently, the University of Tokyo is comprised of 10 Faculties, 15 Graduate Schools, 11 affiliated research institutes (including the Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology), 13 University-wide centers, three affiliated libraries and two institutes for advanced study. Furthermore, the Faculties, Graduate Schools and research institutes have facilities associated with them; for instance, the University of Tokyo Hospital is one such facility. In addition to the three main campuses in Hongo, Komaba and Kashiwa, facilities affiliated with the University of Tokyo are spread all throughout Japan.
We are pleased to inform you that the Application for University-wide Student Exchange Program (USTEP) Fall 2020 is now open for UGM students.
A Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) Scholarship and Sato Yo International Scholarship Foundation for all students who meet the requirements as well as scholarships from private foundations may be available. Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) Scholarship and Sato Yo International Scholarship Foundation: the application will be processed once students are successfully nominated for USTEP.
For more information, please refer to the latest webpages.
Type U: http://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/academics/ustep-type-u.html
Type G: http://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/academics/ustep-type-g.html
- Application Form (download)
- Letter of Reference (download)
- Applicants’ Resume (download)
- Motivation Letter
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty (download)
- Short Essay (download)
- Official academic transcript
- Colored copy of passport
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
Please note that the University of Tokyo uses different links for admission to Type U and Type G.
Type U (for undergraduate students) and Type G (for graduate students) use different forms for application and letter of reference. Please make sure to clearly understand the period of study at the University of Tokyo, as the intended period of study cannot, in principle, be changed after admission.
Application requirements for Type G applicants vary by Graduate School. Please check the prerequisites using the link: https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/content/400032478.pdf
- Submit the aforementioned documents to the Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Applicants, OIA will send your nomination to the University of Tokyo for host-university selection.
- THE FINAL decision from the University of Tokyo.
Please send all documents above in hardcopy (2 COPIES) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) and softcopy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 31st, 2020.