Greetings from the University of Birmingham!
The University of Birmingham was established by Queen Victoria by Royal Charter in 1900 and was the UK’s first civic or ‘redbrick’ university. The first phase of building work on the campus was completed in 1909 under the auspices of the esteemed architect Sir Aston Webb. Birmingham is constantly developing and evolving in its desire to become a leading global university. This is being achieved through the enhanced research power and reach; the distinctiveness of the exceptional student experience; the breadth and depth of the academic portfolio; the size and the extent of its global networks.
We are pleased to inform that the Birmingham International Summer School (BISS) 2020 is now open for Universitas Gadjah Mada students. BISS provides students a great opportunity to join a three-week program offering a combination of academic learning and an extensive social and cultural experience. UGM students will benefit from joining credit-bearing programs as well as from the discounts available.
For further information about the programs please see attached a BISS brochure (BISS 2020 Brochure, BISS Presentation 2019 – 2020 Partner Presentation) and you can also view details of BISS 2020 on the website at www.birmingham.ac.uk/biss.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
- Official academic transcript
- Letter of Recommendation from the academic advisor
- Colored copy of passport
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to the Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Birmingham University.
- THE FINAL decision from Birmingham University.
Please send all documents above in hardcopy (1 COPY) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) and softcopy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to email@example.com no later than February 10th, 2020.