Greetings from National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan!
National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) was established in Beijing in 1911 as “Tsing Hua Academy.” In 1956, National Tsing Hua University was re-established at its present location in Hsinchu, Taiwan. Since its relocation, NTHU has developed into a comprehensive research university offering a full range of degree programs in science, technology, engineering, humanities, social sciences, and management. NTHU consistently ranks as one of the premier universities in East Asia and is widely recognized as a leading incubator for future leaders.
We are pleased to inform you that the College of Engineering, National Tsing Hua University has begun accepting applications for the Summer Research Program 2020. The Summer Research Program offers 2 months of internship opportunity in Taiwan with a mixture of cultural experiences, academic achievements, and social outings.
Tuition Fees & Scholarship
Summer Research Program is tuition-free.
A limited number of Global Engineer Leadership (GEL) scholarships with subsidized round trip airline tickets up to NTD 15,000 and free accommodation at our university residence hall are available.
Session I: May 11- July 13, 2020
Session II: June 19- August 21, 2020
All guidelines and instructions could be found from the following page:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Purpose
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
- Official academic transcript
- Letter of Recommendation from the academic advisor
- Colored copy of passport
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Optional- Supporting Materials (ex: examples of written work, etc.)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to the Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to National Tsing Hua University as for host university selection.
- THE FINAL decision from National Tsing Hua University.
Please send all documents above in hardcopy (1 COPY) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) and softcopy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to email@example.com no later than December 15th, 2019.