Warm greetings from Tokyo Institute of Technology!
We are writing to inform you of the Japanese Government Scholarship programs for those students who are planning on earning their degrees at Tokyo Tech. Successful applicants can start their study from September 2020.
Tokyo Tech offers the following programs for which graduate-level students can apply. Interested students can apply for either of these programs, but it is not possible to apply to both programs simultaneously.
1) Research Student Program
-Inquiries: International Student Exchange Division
-Closing Date: November 29, 2019
For the Research Student Program starting from September 2020, MEXT scholarship recipients will enroll in Tokyo Tech as Research Students (non-degree students). Scholarship recipients who have demonstrated excellent academic achievement and who have passed the entrance examination for April 2022 or earlier may be eligible to enroll in Tokyo Tech’s master’s or doctoral programs and to extend the duration of the MEXT Scholarship under certain conditions.
Students from universities which have formal agreements with Tokyo Tech will be given priority consideration for this program.
2) International Graduate Program A [IGP (A)]
-Inquiries: Admissions Division (firstname.lastname@example.org)
-Closing Date: December 10, 2019
For the IGP (A), students can directly apply to enroll in the master’s, doctoral, or integrated doctoral programs at Tokyo Tech from abroad. Lectures and seminars for the IGP (A) are conducted in English. Applicants with outstanding academic performance records are eligible to apply for the Japanese government scholarship.
Information on application procedures and application forms are available on these websites.
- Submit all the documents directly to the International Student Exchange Division at Tokyo Institute of Technology (*adjust to the application procedures).
- If you need any supporting documents from the Office of International Affairs UGM, please send all documents above in hardcopy (1 copy) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and softcopy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to email@example.com.
- The Office of International Affairs, UGM will process supporting documents for the applicants based on the submitted documents.
- THE FINAL decision from Tokyo Institute of Technology.