Warm greetings from Tohoku University!
Tohoku University was established as Japan’s third national university in 1907. Located on the ancient site of Aoba Castle in Sendai City, Tohoku University is proud to be ranked among Japan’s leading universities.
We are pleased to inform you that the call for exchange programs for 2020 Spring enrollment is now open.
Please find the application information below for details.
In addition, more information about each program is available on the following website. https://www.insc.tohoku.ac.jp/english/exchange/
Also, please note that JYPE program is not applicable for spring 2020 semester. For those who wish to attend the program, we appreciate you waiting until January 10, 2020, when the application for fall 2020 enrollment will be open.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Certificate of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Recommendation from Academic Advisor
- Colored Copy of Passport
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Photocopy of Certificate of Language Proficiency*
- Copy of Official Academic Transcript
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
*Minimum language proficiency:
- JYPE, IPLA,COLABS English: TOEFL iBT® Test 79 or equivalent
- DEEp‐ Bridge (UG) Japanese: TTBJ/SPOT 65 English: TOEFL iBT® Test 79 or equivalent
- DEEp‐ Bridge (G) TTBJ/SPOT 85 or TOEFL iBT® Test 79 or equivalent
- DEEP Japanese: JLPT N1
- Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
- OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue online application through T-Cens – website. (Important: Do not fill the online form before you are selected as nominated students)
- THE FINAL decision from Tohoku University.
Please send all documents above in hardcopy (2 COPIES) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and softcopy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to email@example.com no later than October 28, 2019.