Tuition Fee Waived
Greetings from Ritsumeikan University!
the 2019 Spring Semester Program is now open for registration.
Ritsumeikan University’s “International PBL Program in ASEAN Countries” is an education program focusing on “Project/Problem-Based Learning (PBL)” to develop flexible thinking in order to set tasks and solutions. By accepting students from a variety of countries and regions, a diverse range of students are able to work collectively to solve the numerous policy and social issues facing ASEAN countries and Japan. This program has been created on the basis of academic collaboration with partner institutions and Ritsumeikan University as one of the “FY2013 Inter-University Exchange Project” by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) to promote student exchange with partner institutions in ASEAN Countries under AIMS program (Asian International Mobility for Students program).
For more information please visit here
April 1 to July 31
- Undergraduate students who have completed at least one year of academic study at your university.
- Have a good academic standing.
- Be proficient in English. If English is not your first language you must provide evidence of your language ability when you apply:College of International Relations
TOEFL® iBT test 76, IELTS Academic 6.0, TOEIC® L&R test 740 or equivalent
College of Policy Science
TOEFL®PBT test 460, TOEFL® iBT test 50, IELTS Academic 5.0, TOEIC® L&R test 580 or equivalentNote: If you wish to take Business Track courses, you will be expected to have a good
command of English (TOEFL® PBT test 520, TOEFL® iBT test 68, IELTS 6.0or equivalent).
Eligible to apply for the JASSO scholarship. A monthly stipend of 80,000 yen
is offered for a period of 4 months (one semester students) or 10 months (2 semestersstudents).
This scholarship is offered by the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO).
Applicants are screened by Ritsumeikan University.
As various important factors will be taken into account during screening, please
understand that not all applicants will receive the scholarship.
- Official Student transcripts
- English language proficiency (see above)
- Letter of Reference
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Confirmation Letter of Participation (download)
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
- Colored copy of passport
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)