Warm greetings from Saitama University, Japan!
Saitama University is located just north of Tokyo. Saitama is one of the most popular residential areas in East Japan where you can enjoy Japan’s major attractions including the metropolitan Tokyo area and the World Heritages such as Mt. Fuji, Nikko, Tomioka Silk Mill and many more.
On this occasion, Saitama University is pleased to announce that nomination for 2020 Spring is now open.
For more information, please visit here
or download the brochure here
To check course availability, please visit Here
Effective Spring 2016, our academic calendar has been changed from a semester-based to a quarter-based system. However, exchange students can only enroll from Term 1 (April) or Term 3 (September), and the minimum study period is two terms. Period of stay is as follows:
Length of Stay (Four Terms ):
- SPRING: April – February next year (Term 1 to Term 4)
- FALL: September – August next year (Term 3 to Term 2)
Length of Stay (Two Terms):
- SPRING: April – August (Term 1 and Term 2)
- FALL: September – February next year (Term 3 and Term 4)
>> Application Form: Only the form filled by typing is acceptable. The PDF format attached is editable. If you don’t use the electronic signature, the procedure is as follows:
1. Fill out by typing
2. Print it out and sign on necessary places
3. Scan all pages and submit by PDF format
Application for Certificate of Eligibility: Only our specific format is acceptable and it also should be filled out by typing only. The format attached is also editable. See “4-2 Completion Guide”.
- Application Procedure_for 2020 SPRING
- Factsheet_for_STEPS 2020 SPRING
- Application Form_2020 SPRING
- Application for Certificate of Eligibility
> Completion Guide for Application for Certificate of Eligibility
- Pre-Arrival Questionnaire for New Incoming Students
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
- Official academic transcript
- Letter of Recommendation from the academic advisor
- Colored copy of passport
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- Japanese Language proficiency (as mentioned above)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to the Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
- OIA staff will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will inform you.
- The FINAL decision from Kokushikan University.