The Ignacy Łukasiewicz Scholarship Programme aims to support the socio-economic growth of developing countries (with the exception of European and Central Asian countries) by improving the educational attainment and professional qualifications of these countries’ citizens. It is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA), implemented as part of the Polish development assistance programme. The Programme’s patron is Ignacy Łukasiewicz – an eminent Polish inventor, pharmacist, pioneer of the oil industry and the creator of the kerosene lamp. The Programme offer foreigners an opportunity to pursue second-degree studies in the full-time mode in Polish in the field of engineering and technical, agricultural, applied and life sciences at higher education institutions subordinate to the Minister of Science and Higher Education, receiving a monthly scholarship from NAWA to cover the living allowance in the statutory period of education in Poland. In the case of public HEIs, the Programme also offers an exemption from education fees.
The NAWA scholarship for second-degree studies in Poland under the call for applications for the
Programme in 2019 may be pursued by foreigners who meet all of the following criteria at the time of
the call for applications:
1) are citizens of one of the following countries: Angola, Ethiopia, the Philippines, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Colombia, Lebanon, Mexico, Myanmar, Nigeria, Palestine, Peru, the Republic of South Africa, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam or other countries covered by the official development assistance, with the exception of European and Central Asian developing countries. Attachment No 1 contains the list of countries whose citizens are entitled to participate in the Programme.
2) did not apply for Polish citizenship;
3) do not have a permanent residence permit on the territory of the Republic of Poland and have not applied for a permanent residence permit;
4) obtained a first-degree diploma in their country of origin not earlier than in 2016 or, at the time of submitting their application to the Programme, are in their last year of first-degree
studies in engineering and technical sciences, agricultural sciences as well as exact and natural sciences;
5) have not previously obtained a diploma certifying graduation from master’s degree studies (second-degree studies or uniform master’s degree studies). If the country of origin does not have a generally recognized two-stage system of study, candidates who hold a master’s degree or equivalent degree obtained not earlier than 2016 and candidates who are students in their final year of such studies in engineering and technical sciences, agricultural sciences as well as exact and natural sciences shall be admissible;
6) are not second-degree studies students at the time of applying for the Programme. Persons authorized to submit an application under the Programme include students of second-
degree studies in Poland in the field of engineering and technical sciences, agricultural sciences as well as exact and natural sciences and meet the following criteria: they have been recommended by the provost of a higher education institution as worthy of receiving NAWA scholarship and have achieved very good results in their academic pursuits (grade average over the course of studies until now at 4.75 or higher) or are finalists of international student contests in a given field;
7) have at least B2-level English language skills. Their linguistic competence has to be certified with a document indicated in point 2.5 of these Regulations.
Submit before 30 April 2019
for further information please visit :