[Fee Waiver Scholarship]
The Taiwan Ministry of Science and Technology will provide tuition fee waivers to 30 students from Malaysia, Thailand, Philippine, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Singapore to participate this program. Don’t miss out on the opportunity!
On behalf of the National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, we would like to invite your students to our 2019 Summer School: Smart Technology and Sustainable Cities which will take place from 12 to 21 August, 2019.
We are inviting our academic staff to take an active part in this programme by giving lectures or leading a workshop. Also, we would like to invite your undergraduate students in their senior years with engineering backgrounds to join us and receive 1 credit (around 1.6 – 3ECTS) for their participation.
About the Programme
Our summer school provides multidisciplinary courses related to practical smart technologies which have been applied in the development of sustainable cities. Courses will cover several fields, i.e., Material, Environment, Disaster Prevention, Industry 4.0, Building Technology, and Management, and will offer an overview of the relationship between Smart Technologies and Sustainable Cities. In addition to lectures and projects based on PBL (Problem-based learning), our program will include field trips and cultural tours in Taiwan to make the summer school an enriching experience for all participants.
Target group: Senior undergraduate students, especially in the fields of engineering
Language of instruction: English
․ Costs: NTD 12,500 (around USD 416, including accommodation fee)
․ Costs: NTD 12,000 (around USD 400, excluding accommodation fee)
․ Tuition fee waivers: The Taiwan Ministry of Science and Technology will provide tuition fee waivers to 30 students from Malaysia, Thailand, Philippine, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Singapore, but participants will be responsible for international travel and living expenses during their stay in Taiwan. The tuition fee waivers are allocated on a first register, first reserved basis. If you would like to join this program, please fill out the registration form and email it back to Ms. Weihua Lin as soon as possible.
Application: Please fill out the registration before April 30, 2019.
Application deadline: April 30, 2019
More information, including the course timetable can be found here: https://www.oia.ntust.edu.tw/files/13-1017-71161.php?Lang=en
- Official academic transcript
- Application procedure 2019 Summer School Registration Form
- Motivation Letter
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
- Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
- Letter of Nomination issued by Home University
- Colored copy of passport
- Copy student card
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=550 or IELTS 6.0)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
- OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to National Taiwan University of Science and Technology as host university selection.
- FINAL decision from National Taiwan University of Science and Technology.
Please send all documents above in hardcopy (2 COPIES) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and softcopy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 16, 2019.