[Scholarship is offered for this program]
Greetings from Singapore Management University.
Tahir Funding – Student Immersion Programme (for UGM students to Singapore)
Last year, under the Tahir SMU-UGM Management and Faculty Development Scholarship, we were able to host 8 UGM students over the summer. (Consisting of 6 students from Fisipol, and 1 each from Engineering and FEB.)
This year, we have limited funding available, but we do wish to offer a total of 5 scholarships to host UGM for the SMU GSP 2019, with a value of S$6,000 each. Each student will only be able to take 1 SMU Course during the summer from our list of 10 Asian-Focused courses.
From the previous summer, I have worked closely with the students to ensure minimum out-of-pocket expenses, with positive feedback. As such, I will continue to work towards reducing out-of-pockets expenses for the scholarship recipients by offering the following:
|Tahir SMU-UGM MFDP (Global Summer Programme 2019)|
|Tuition Fees (1 Course after tax)||$ 3,210.00||SMU will arrange|
|MISC Fees (Covers local insurance + SMU Admin Fees)||$ 217.83||SMU will arrange|
|Accommodation – Yo:HA Pearl’s Hill||$ 1,000.00||SMU will arrange|
|Travel (airfare+travel insurance)||$ 500.00||SMU will arrange|
|Subsistence Allowance [Meals $30/day)]||$ 900.00||Paid out to student together with reimbursement|
|Student Visa Applications ($30 + $90)||$ 120.00||Reimbursement Basis (Student out of pocket expense)|
|Total Value of Scholarship per student||$ 5,947.83|
Scholarship recipients will only need to make the student visa application payments directly to our Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore (ICA).
I will be guiding your students through this process. Whilst SMU will arrange for the remaining items on behalf of students.
- Motivation Letter
- Official academic transcript
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
- Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
- Letter of Nomination issued by Home University
- Colored copy of passport
- Copy student card
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=550 or IELTS 6.0)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
- OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to SMU as host university selection.
- FINAL decision from Singapore Management University.
Please send all documents above in hardcopy (2 COPIES) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and softcopy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to email@example.com no later than April 8, 2019.