[Fee Waiver Scholarship (Partial)]
Greetings from Tokyo!
We are pleased to inform you that the application period for Sophia Summer Session in East Asian Studies and Japanese Language 2019 is officially open.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Students will experience and learn many aspects of not only Japan but also East Asian related culture and society in the heart of Tokyo. Summer Session in East Asian Studies and Japanese Language consists of Session 1 and Session 2. Applicants can’t apply for both East Asian Studies Course and Japanese Language Course in one session. It is recommended for students to take Japanese Language course in Session 1 and the East Asian Studies course in Session 2 or vice versa.
For more information about East Asian Studies Courses and Japanese Language Courses:
Session 1: Monday, June 10– Friday, June 28, 2019 (3 weeks)
Session 2: Monday, July 8 – Friday, July 26, 2019 (3 weeks)
East Asian Studies Courses
– 3 Courses JPY 220,000
– 2 Courses JPY 200,000
Japanese Language Course: JPY 220,000
*The program fees include tuition and domestic insurance and do not include accommodation, textbooks, activities and meals
Session 1 and 2: February 12- March 24, 2019
- Copy of passport
- Latest transcript from the home university
- Two letters of recommendation by character referees (from professional/academic/extra-curricular background)
- Certificate of TOEFL/IELTS/certified English language test by the home university – (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=550, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Certificate of Enrolment from faculty
- Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to host university
4) FINAL decision from Sophia University
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and soft copy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 22, 2019.