[Scholarship is offered for this program]
Warmest greetings from Japan!!
We are pleased to announce our Summer Program 2019.
Tohoku University Japanese Program 2019 (TUJP2019) is a program for undergraduates who desire to learn Japanese language and culture. For information of the program, please check out our website and the leaflet (TUJP Leaflet 2019) below, which is also on the website.
JASSO scholarship information:
JASSO Application Form: *Go to check and print one out from the <Scholarship> section on our TUJP website.
On the TUJP website, there is a link of the TTBJ/SPOT90 Japanese online test, which all applicants except complete Japanese beginners need to take. Please announce it to your nominees.
TTBJ/SPOT90 Japanese Online Test:
*Note: Please choose the “SPOT90+Grammer90+漢字SPOT50”.
Please note that the capacity of the program is 30 students per term and there might be a further screening in case of a large number of applications. Results will be sent to you by the end of April 2019.
• Photocopy of passport (page with applicant’s photo)
• Personal statement (300-400 words/reasons for applying)
• Copy of English language ability certificate and scores (Equivalent to TOEFL iBT 70 or PBT 520. Results from any internationally recognized English exam accepted)
• Application Form for Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) Scholarship with hand-written signature (if applicable)
• Curriculum Vitae
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
2) OIA will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Tohoku University and you may continue online registration as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from TohokuUniversity.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and soft copy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 19, 2019.