Dear AUN Member Universities Students,
1) Official letter seeking dissemination the call for youth participation
Letter no 13_AUN
2) General Information
Call_for_Youth Participation – Commemoration of Mine Awareness Day 2019-wm 1
3) Tentative Agenda for your perusal
- The Candidate must be 18-25 years old at the time of submission.
- The Candidate must be enrolled in at least the second year of an undergraduate programme at a university in an ASEAN Member State (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam).
- The Candidate must provide a letter of enrolment from the university, a copy of their grade point average (GPA), and a copy of their passport (with at least six-month validity at the days of the event).
- The Candidate must submit either (i) Artwork(s) with a 250 word maximum explanation describing the main theme of the work and its meaning. (e.g. photograph, posters, painting, animation, or video), OR (ii) Essay, of 500 words maximum, regarding the effects of mines/ERW and/or efforts to address them in ASEAN; Some submission examples are; a painting portraying the dangers of mines/ERW on local communities, a photo capturing the impact of mine/ERW on human lives, an essay discussing the history of mine action in an ASEAN state, an essay examining how ASEAN countries could work towards reducing the problems of mines/ERW. etc
- The Candidate must also submit a 250 word maximum plan of action on how he/she will raise mines/ERW awareness for peace, stability and resilience in ASEAN to their peers/networks/universities/communities via digital/social media or direct interaction. He/she will be given 30 days from the conclusion of the event to implement the plan of action and submit evidence of completion to ARMAC.
- Application (online)
- Recommendation letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Certificate of English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL 530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- Certificate of enrollment from faculty
Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review;
- OIA UGM will evaluate your application;
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to host university;
- FINAL decision from host university
- The Applicants/Candidates shall fill out an online registration form and submit the above-mentioned artworks and/or essays to http://mad2019.aseanmineaction.org/.
- Selected Candidates will be announced by Tuesday, 19 March 2019.
Please send all documents in 2 Hardcopies (1 original and 1 copy) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and 1 Softcopy (Scan all applicants’ filled-out application materials in one PDF File) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 13, 2019.