[This program is self-funded/tuition waived]
Greetings from the University of Birmingham. We are now calling for nominations to the University of Birmingham Exchange Programme for Fall Semester of 2019/20.
- Please NOTE : we have new academic entry requirements for Birmingham LAW school applicants. Equivalent of a cumulative UK 2:1 (or country equivalent) is necessary to apply for an exchange in the Birmingham Law School, and applicants must have prior experience of studying Law, even if they choose Law modules as optional modules.
- It is possible to nominate students for Semester 2 (January 2020) at the same time, but these nominations for January 2020 will not be dealt with until October 2019 and these students will not receive the link to apply until October 2019.
UoB 2019-20 Academic Calendar
- Welcome Week before Semester 1 – 23 to 27 September 2019
- Semester 1 – 30 September 2019 to 13 December 2019
- Welcome Week before Semester 2 – 6 to 10 January 2020
- Semester 2 – 13 January 2020 to 19 June 2020 (inclusive of Easter break and exam period)
Students Application deadline:
- Students will receive a link to apply after we’ve received and approved their online nomination.
- The application deadline is 31st March 2019 for all students starting in September 2019.
- Instructions / guidelines on how to completed the application form (including indicating the subject area/home school and the choice of preferred and up to two optional colleges) will be sent to the students with the application form, as well as a check-list to guide them through the process of becoming a fully registered student at the University of Birmingham. Please be aware that the subject area/home school must match the choice of preferred college eg. History and the College of Arts and Law or Mathematics and the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences.
- Partners will be copied in all the correspondence sent to the students regarding the application process.
- After the application deadline all students who have applied will be sent instructions regarding how to choose modules
- In the meantime, please consult our College structure document attached to understand restrictions on choice of modules and which schools are within each college at UoB.
Due to the University of Birmingham’s module registration schedule, we will not be able to accept student applications after March 31, 2019
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – iBT 88 or IELTS 6.5)
Structure & Requirements
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
2) OIA will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to University of Birmingham as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from University of Birmingham.
Please send all documents above in hardcopy (2 COPIES) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and softcopy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to email@example.com no later than 22 February, 2019.