[Scholarship is offered for this program]
Greetings from Ritsumeikan University!
Regarding Fall Semester 2019 admission, we are currently in the process of accepting nomination. As for student exchange quota, we would like to host up to 3 students per semester (September – January) / 1 student per year (September – July).
Ritsumeikan University’s “International PBL Program in ASEAN Countries” is an education program focusing on “international problem/project-based learning” which looks to provide necessary “multi-dimensional thinking skills” (technical thinking, business thinking, system design thinking) by accepting students from a variety of countries and regions to work collectively to solve policy and social issues such as Asian welfare, urban planning and development which ASEAN countries have been facing.
This program has been created on the basis of academic collaboration with partner institutions and Ritsumeikan University as one of the “FY2013 Inter-University Exchange Project” by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) to promote student exchange with partner institutions in ASEAN Countries under AIMS program (ASEAN International Mobility for Students program).
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
• Certificate of Health
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
2) OIA will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Ritsumeikan University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Ritsumeikan University.
Please send all documents above in hardcopy (2 COPIES) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and softcopy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to email@example.com no later than no later than February 20, 2019.