[Tuition Waived, Self Funded]
Warmest greetings from Seoul National University, and a happy new year!
We are more than delighted to announce that we are opening nominations for the Fall 2019 Student Exchange Program.
For your information, please find attached the fact sheet – Fall 2019 Guide for the SNU Student Exchange Program.
As we previous announced in December, we have some important policy changeregarding the College of Business Administration (CBA), where they will strictly control the number of exchange students accepted. Please note the new restrictions on Medicine and Pharmacy as well. Newly added restrictions will be marked in red-color on the Fact Sheet.
Please be aware not to miss any detail by double-checking the fact sheet.
1. How to Nominate?
UGM will nominee student(s) via the link. Please make sure you meet(s) the entry requirement stated in the attached fact sheet. Especially, please note that we cannot accept graduate students who didn’t complete at least one semester at their “graduate” program. Graduate students must be able to prove that they have completed at least one semester of the graduate program at the application stage.
2. After Nomination?
Nominated student(s) will receive an application guideline, along with instructions regarding the online application process, from the coordinators at the SNU Office of International Affairs (central international office).
3. How to Apply?
The application deadline is March 20, 2019. Only the online application will be required for the application. Please make sure that your students carefully read through the attached guideline and prepare for the application process in advance.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ON SUBMISSION OF RECOMMENDATION LETTER
As the application process is conducted online only, candidate(s) will be required to upload the digital copies of the required documents.
As the recommendation letter should be confidential, we will guide candidate(s) to submit the sealed letter to the exchange program coordinator at their home university, so that the coordinator can open the letter and send us its scanned copy.
• Statement of Purpose (Please use letter size paper 8½″ x 11″) (in English or in Korean)
• A Letter of Recommendation from professors. Please use the SNU letter of recommendation form. One letter of the Recommendation must be written by a university professor at the current school which the applicant is attending.
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL iBT 88 or IELTS 6.0)
• Korean language proficiency (KLPT, TOPIC, Level 5 *if any)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
2) OIA will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue to apply online at Seoul National University website as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Seoul National University.
Please send all documents in 2 Hardcopies (1 original and 1 copy) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and 1 Softcopy (Scan all applicants’ filled-out application materials in one PDF File) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2019.
Fall 2019 Guide for the SNU Student Exchange Program:
1. (FACT SHEET) Fall 2019 Guide for SNU Student Exchange Visiting Program
2. Recommendation Letter_Template
3. FAQ_Inbound Exchange
4. Course Search Instruction
5. College of Business Administration_Requisite Subject for Major SNU Student Exchange Program Call for Nomination – Fall 2019