[Scholarship is offered for this program]
The application for Japanese Language and Culture Program at Kanazawa University（Program B）2019-2020 for two students majoring in Japanese and/or Japanese Culture is now open.
The guidelines and application form can be downloaded here.
Kanazawa University will select the applicants to recommend to the Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for the Japanese Studies Students. The applicants not selected as the MEXT scholarship candidates could be accepted to the program as privately financed students (without MEXT scholarship). The result of the scholarship selection and the acceptance to the program will be notified to the applicants’ home university in July.
If the applicant has a second or third choice, please send us the program applications separately by email. Applications for alternative program choices are in the following URL:
• Application Packages (Program B):
4. (Program B)Instructions_2019
5. (Program B)Cover of Application Form_2019
6. (Program B)Course Guide_2019
• Application for Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship (Before filling in, please print two pages on one sheet, i.e. p.1 on one side and p.2 on the other side / p.3 on one side and p.4 on the other side. Please fill it out as much as possible in Japanese.)
• Essay: Written by the applicant in only Japanese (about 800~1000 letters) with the theme “The outline of the research plan in Japan”
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past six months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
• Photocopy of the Certificate of Japanese-Language Proficiency Test and the result sheet (For those who hold the certificate of the test Level 1, 2 or N1, N2 only.)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
2) OIA will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you can continue the online registration in host university website.
4) FINAL decision from Kanazawa University.
Please send all documents above in hardcopy (2 COPIES) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and softcopy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to email@example.com no later than no later than February 14, 2019.