[JASSO Scholarship is offered for this program]
Under the Academic Cooperation Agreement Program (ACAP), Tokyo Tech waives the application, admission, and tuition fees of undergraduate (second year or above) and graduate-level International Exchange Students from participating partner universities. ACAP students are accepted for a period of 3 months to 1 year (for JASSO scholarship recipients, a period of 2 quarters (a semester) to 4 quarters (a year)) and are assigned to a laboratory where they may study and conduct research under the guidance of an academic supervisor
Informational sheet: Tokyo Tech Information Sheet (November 2018)
<ACAP (Research oriented program)>
Those joining the ACAP research‐oriented program must be in a master’s or doctoral program or be in their final year of undergraduate study at the time they begin research at Tokyo Tech.
<ACAP (Course oriented program)>
Those joining the ACAP course‐oriented program must be in a master’s or doctoral program or be in their second year or above of undergraduate study at the time they begin coursework at Tokyo Tech.
*Official test result of Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) or equivalent document is required for undergraduate program students except for the final year
Regular Courses taught in English
<Undergraduate Level> (As of 2017‐2018 AY)
List of Graduate Courses Available to Undergraduate‐level Exchange Students (in
List of Syllabus for Graduate Courses:
(Courses marked with ★ will be taught in English in principle.)
Tokyo Tech OCW (Open Course Ware) (for detailed information on each course):
From 3 months to 1 year
Spring Semester : from early April to the end of July
Autumn Semester: from early September to the end of February
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Certificate of Enrollment from Faculty
- Application Form (to be completed online AFTER you are selected as nominated student)
- Official Academic Transcript* (in English) (PDF)
- Recommendation Letter from the Applicant’s Home University (Free format) (PDF)
- Application for Tokyo Tech Student ID Card (download form) (sample) (WORD)
- Certificate of Eligibility Application (EXCEL) (download form) (sample)
- Colored copy of Passport (ID page) (PDF)
- English language proficiency certificate (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0) (PDF)
- Official test result of Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) or equivalent document (Only for course oriented program, the undergraduate students except for the final year.)
- Photograph (JPEG)**
- Consent of a Tokyo Tech Professor (PDF)***
In addition to the above documents, which should be submitted online, the following
document(s) must arrive at the International Student Exchange Division of Tokyo Tech by postal mail.
14. Verification Documents of the Applicant’s Financial Status in English (Original)****
*Please include the guidelines of the grading system in English.
*Please submit transcripts from at least the last 2 years.
*Tokyo Tech reserves the right to verify the authenticity of the applicant’s transcript.
**The file must be less than 2MB, 350(height) x 290(width) pixels, JPEG format with a resolution of more than 300 dpi.
**The photo should be in color with no background and must provide a clear, front view of the applicant’s entire face.
***Please submit evidence that a Tokyo Tech professor has consented to be the applicant’s academic advisor.
****A PDF version of email correspondence with the professor is sufficient to fulfill this requirement.
****For example, a bank statement (which verifies the available balance in the account) for the applicant or the applicant’s financial supporter; or a scholarship certificate (if any).
- Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
- OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, find 3 potential Tokyo Tech professors under whom you are interested in conducting research during your stay here.
- You can continue online application HERE
- FINAL decision from Tokyo Institute of Technology