This grant is for Indonesian scholars who hold a doctoral or equivalent degree and intend to carry out research for three to six months in the US.
Interested scholars must be permanent lecturers of Universitas Gadjah Mada and hold a Nomor Induk Dosen Nasional, or NIDN.
The applicants should:
- Be Indonesian citizens and not permanent residents of the US, or be currently living in the US
- Possess leadership qualities and show experience in community service
- Have preparation in, and a demonstrated commitment to their chosen field of study
- Be proficient in English
- Have an outstanding academic record
- Demonstrate that they can realistically conduct research in the US
Applicant will be ineligible if he or she is an employee, close family member of an employee, or dependent of an employee of AMINEF, the US Embassy, or the US Department of State.
The applicants should:
- Hold a doctoral (PhD) or equivalent degree
- Demonstrate sufficient English-language proficiency to conduct research in the US (not necessary to submit a TOEFL score)
- Have contacted or identified a potential research partner or institution in the US (not necessary to hold a letter of invitation at time of application)
- Have plans to complete and publish their research upon the completion of the program
- Completed application form (can be downloaded here). This includes a clearly written and concise one-page study objective and a 3-5 page research proposal
- Two letters of reference (forms can be downloaded here)
- Copy of academic transcript and diploma (in original language and in English translation)
- Copy of identity document (KTP and passport)
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
- OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated candidate, you can continue to register online here.
- OIA will send your application to RISTEK-DIKTI and AMINEF.
- FINAL decision from RISTEK-DIKTI and AMINEF.
Please send all documents above in hardcopy (2 COPIES) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and softcopy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 16, 2018