This grant is for three years’ study at a US university to pursue a doctoral degree in any field of study except medical sciences. It is open to applicants who serve as permanent faculty members of state or private universities in Indonesia. In certain cases, grantees can request an exceptional fourth year if a substantial argument for it can be made.
ELIGIBLE FIELDS OF STUDY
Fulbright grants may be used for study or research in most disciplines and fields of study with the exception of medicine related to patient care or clinical patient contact. Proposals in humanities, arts, and social sciences, and in science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM), and health are equally welcome. Applications in STEM fields are encouraged that focus on environmental preservation, alternative energy exploration, or climate change mitigation.
The applicants should:
- Be Indonesian citizens and not permanent residents of the US or be currently living in the US
- Be a lecturer of Universitas Gadjah Mada holding a Nomor Induk Dosen Nasional, or NIDN
- Possess leadership qualities and show experience in community service
- Have preparation in, and a demonstrated commitment to, their chosen field of study
- Be proficient in English
- Have an outstanding academic record
- Demonstrate that they can realistically accomplish full-time graduate study
- Be willing to sign an agreement with RISTEK-DIKTI promising to return to serve his/her home institution for certain numbers of years before retirement upon the completion of the scholarship program, according to prevailing RISTEK-DIKTI requirements.
The applicants should be:
- Hold a master’s degree (S2)
- Have minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 scale
- Be under 50 years of age
- Have minimum institutional TOEFL ITP score of 575 or iBT score of 90/91 or IELTS equivalent
- Completed application form (can be downloaded here). This includes a clearly written and concise one-page study objective and a 3-5 page research proposal
- Copy of your most recent, less than two years old, TOEFL ITP/iBT or IELTS score report
- Two letters of reference, from a lecturer/professor and work supervisor who knows you well (forms can be downloaded here)
- Copy of academic transcript and diploma (English translation)
- Copy of identity document (KTP and passport)
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
- OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated candidate, OIA will send your application to RISTEK-DIKTI and AMINEF.
- FINAL decision from RISTEK-DIKTI and AMINEF.
Please send all documents above in hardcopy (2 COPIES) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and softcopy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 25, 2019