[This program is self funded]
Students from partner institutions are eligible to apply to the exchange programme for one or two semesters. Prior to submitting their applications, students are nominated from their home universities.
The Graduate Institute is an institution of research and higher education (Master and PhD). Selective and cosmopolitan, it is located in the heart of International Geneva and specialises in the study of the major global, international and transnational challenges facing the contemporary world.
Why participate in the Graduate Institute’s exchange programme?
- The Graduate Institute’s longstanding reputation in international study (1927)
- A cosmopolitan student body with more than 100 nationalities represented
- Small class sizes and international faculty
- Guest speakers from NGO’s, international organisations and multinational companies
- Internship opportunities
- A bilingual English/French environment
- A safe and lively international city, Geneva
- A dynamic research community
Program information sheet: Exchange_Programme_Information_Sheet_2018-2019
- Be enrolled in a Master’s or PhD programme at one of our partner institutions for at least 2 semesters/1 academic year
- Have been nominated by their home institution prior to submitting their application file to the Graduate Institute, Geneva
FIELDS OF STUDY
- Anthropology & Sociology of Development
- Development Economics (PhD only)
- International Economics
- International History
- International Law
- International Relations/Political Science
- International Affairs (MA only)
- Development Studies (MA only)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Certificate of Enrollment from Faculty
- Letter of Recommendation from Academic Advisor
- Colored copy of passport
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- English language proficiency (TOEFL IBT: 100, IELTS: 7, CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English of the University of Cambridge): A-B-C, CAE (Certificate of Advanced English of the University of Cambridge): A-B)
- Copy of all Official Academic Transcript and university diplomas
- Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
- OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to host university as host university selection
- FINAL decision from host university