[Tuition fee waived]
Warm greetings from Sookmyung Women’s University (SMU), Seoul, Korea.
We are very pleased to announce that the application for Spring 2019 will be open soon and we are happy to receive your nominees at our campus SMU.
Application Guide: SMU Application Guide (Read First)
Factsheet: SMU Fact Sheet
DEGREE OF STUDY
*Students re expected to have completed minimum 1 year of degree program in home university.
Course offered: Check Syllabus
PERIOD OF STUDY
Spring : March 4 – June 21, 2019 (Tentative)
Many international students from all around the world can also join to volunteer in English Speaking Spot (ESS) and Second Language Tutoring program(SLT). Through this program, international Students get the chance of teaching their mother language to Sookmyung students and receive small amount of scholarship (KRW10,000 per an hour) throughout the semester.
The application period: October 15~ December 1.
For more information please read the fact sheet carefully.
- Official academic transcript
- Motivation Letter
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Curriculum Vitae
- SMU Health Insurance Verification Form
- Certificate of Health Insurance (for six months)
- Recent Original Bank Statement (Amount of US $5,000 per sem/ US $10,000 per year (Please refer to the application guide) (colored copy for hardfile)
- Medical Check Up (Personal and Offcial)
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
- Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
- Letter of Nomination issued by Home University
- Colored copy of passport
- Copy student card
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=550 or IELTS 6.0)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
- OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Sookmyung Women’s University as host university selection.
- After nomination you may continue to register through online form e.sookmyung.ac.kr – Admission – International Programs- Online Application Apply Now!! Click
- FINAL decision from Sookmyung Women’s University.
Please send all documents above in hardcopy (2 COPIES) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and softcopy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 19, 2018.