[Scholarship is offered for this program]
Tokyo University of Foreign Studies has International Student Exchange Program of Tokyo University of Foreign Studies: ISEPTUFS. The ISEPTUFS program is a one-year short-term exchange program designed for international students, as well as Japanese students. The program provides students with the opportunity to study in Japan and helps them to acquire a firm understanding of Japan and the international community. Meanwhile, the program aims to promote meaningful cultural exchange and to contribute to the cultivation of outstanding professionals with international backgrounds.
Please visit the web link below for more detailed information about the programs:
Undergraduate and Graduate
full year or one quarter (students must attend at least either/both Spring (1st) or/and Fall (3rd) quarter.
|Spring quarter (1st)||Early April, 2019 to Middle July, 2019|
|Summer quarter (2nd)||Middle July, 2019 to Late September, 2019 (Intensive)|
|Fall quarter (3rd)||Early October, 2019 to Late January, 2020|
|Winter quarter (4th)||Late January, 2020 to Middle February, 2020 (Intensive)|
*Taking subjects during summer quarter is subject to negotiation for exchange students taking only spring quarter
*This schedule is subject to change
The Ministry of Education of Japan supports the Japan Students Service Organization (JASSO) Scholarship Program, which many international exchange students coming to TUFS receive each year. Students applying to either of our exchange programs are therefore asked to submit an Essay for the JASSO Scholarship Program with their Application to TUFS. Basic information regarding the program is provided below. More info at: https://e-apply.jp/n/tufs-4/guide/index.html
1. Application form with a photo attached (Fill in the on-line application form) (after internal/UGM review)
4. Application for Certificate of Eligibility with a photo attached (Fill in the on-line application form) (after internal/UGM review)
5. Essay for the JASSO Scholarship
6. Official academic record written in English or Japanese
7. Colored copy of Passport
8. Official documents to show sufficient funds for studying in Japan such as; proof of scholarship, bank statement or income verification of the supporter
9. 3 extra photographs (3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
11. English proficiency certificate (TOEFL (PBT530/CBT197/iBT71), IELTS (6.0), Cambridge CAE (Grade C), or Cambridge CPE (Grade C)or better
12. Curriculum Vitae
13. Motivation Letter
14. Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
15. Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
16. Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
- Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
- OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you can fill the online form and submit your printed form to OIA. OIA will send your application to Tokyo University of Foreign Studies as for host university selection.
- FINAL decision from Tokyo University of Foreign Studies.
Please send all documents above in hardcopy (2 COPIES) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and softcopy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to email@example.com no later than November 1, 2018.