[This program is self funded]
Greetings from Toyo University, Tokyo Japan!
We are writing to tell you about our “Toyo Winter Program 2019″.
Experience the SNOW Life !
Toyo Winter Program 2019 will examine Japanese culture and society of SNOWY district, comparing traditional and modern, as well as urban and rural Japan. The program will be a combination of classroom activities, field trips, and experiential learning. Most of the program will take place in Tokyo, but participants will also have an opportunity to do a homestay with Nouka-minshuku (farming families) in Myoko, a deep snowy district in Niigata Prefecture on the Sea of Japan. While in Myoko, participants will experience real life in snow area and get some wisdoms of the way to live in snow area. At the end of the program, participants will give presentations on Japan’s attractive qualities from an international perspective
Toyo Winter Program 2019 detail info: https://www.toyo.ac.jp/site/english-admissions/english-wp2.html
January 18(Fri) – 30(Wed), 2019
Toyo University Hakusan Campus (Tokyo) & Niigata
50 hours in total(lectures 7.5, Field trips/work 34.7, Presentations 3.0 Others 4.8)
* Hours and contents of the program may be subject to change.
Number of Participants
20 (maximum) , 5 (Minimum)
1. Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university(undergraduate) as of January 18, 2019.
2. Must be at least 18 years old as of January 18, 2019.
3. Must be able to attend courses and give presentation in English.
4. Must attend all of the program activities from January 18 (Fri) to 30 (Wed), 2019.
Participants will be graded on attendance, assignments and final presentations.
A certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of the program.
Includes: tuition fees, field trips/work expenses, transportation, accommodation and home stay (Nouka-minshuku)
Not included: airfare, insurance, living, expenses and meals
Single : 63,000 yen
Sakura Hotel Ikebukuro
Twin : 44,100 yen
Sakura Hotel Nippori
Participants will share the room with another participant.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Letter of Enrollment from faculty
- Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- Official academic transcript
- Language proficiency (ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-12) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you can continue registration online via https://goo.gl/forms/svjESgGvcUutUfNF3
4) FINAL decision from Toyo University.
Please send all documents above in hardcopy (2 COPIES) to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-12) and softcopy (compiled in 1 PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 6, 2018.