WMU is gearing up for the International Student Orientation for our new incoming international students this fall. We look forward to welcoming your students to WMU campus very soon!
This is a friendly reminder that nomination and application deadlines for Spring 2019 are quickly approaching:
Nomination Deadline for Spring 2019 à September 1, 2018
Application Deadline for Spring 2019 à October 1, 2018
If you are interested, please fill out a nomination form (attached to this email) and send it to study-abroad-incoming@wmich. edu via email along with other nomination documents listed below:
- Photo ID (Copy of passport, university ID, or government- issued ID are accepted.)
- TOEFL or IELTS official test scores (if not a native English speaker).
- Official university transcript(s) translated into English.
If those deadlines do not correspond with your selection schedule, please do not hesitate to contact us about your concern. While we would like to be flexible with those deadlines, please note that if your students would like to take classes in College of Engineering and Applied Sciences or College of Fine Arts, the above deadlines are strictly enforced due to the college/departmental preapproval requirements as well as the limited number of seats available in their classes.
After we receive the nomination form and documents, we will contact each of your students about the online application system and guide.
Starting from Spring 2019 application, WMU will use a new online application system to align with WMU campus-wide application system. This will help WMU streamline with all application process and store student records in one system. WMU have created the step-by-step application guide to assist our incoming exchange and Study Abroad at WMU students complete their application. This guide will be emailed to the nominated student(s) along with the new online application link. If there are any questions about our new application system, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime. (Please note that for graduate-level students we will continue to use our previous online application system. We will inform nominated graduate-level students accordingly.)
- Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
- OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, you may continue online application through website.
- FINAL decision from Western Michigan University.