“AUN-KU Winter Seminar on Human Security Development and Energy Science” is co-organized by the Graduate School of Energy Science (GSES) of Kyoto University and the ASEAN University Network-Kyoto University Student Mobility Program toward Human Security Development. It is designed for undergraduate students to study the concept of Human Security Development (HSD) and Energy Science. The main theme of this seminar is energy development, which is an important issue in Human Security Development. The participating students are expected to deepen their knowledge on human security development and energy science with the prospect of finding solutions to technological, socio-economic and political issues in Asia specifically. The seminar will offer lectures and class discussions as well as organize field trips and cultural events. Applicants are not limited to engineering, economics, or science – all fields are welcome.
- Undergraduate students from AUN member universities
- Students in all fields are welcome
- The number to be admitted: 20 students (15 with JASSO scholarship eligibility and 5 with non-scholarship)
- Participation fee: JPY 10,000 This fee includes field studies, and other necessary expenses during the seminar. All participants should pay this fee in cash in JPY on the first day of the seminar.
- Participants are also required to organise and pay the following costs:
- A round-trip flight ticket
- Travel expenses between the airport (e.g. Kansai International Airport, Osaka International Airport (Itami)) and Kyoto.
- Fees related to visa applications
- Travel insurance
- Cost of meals
- Kyoto University will reserve a hotel for all participants. (Accommodation costs are covered by the programme)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
- Official academic transcript
- Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
- Letter of Nomination issued by Home University
- Colored copy of passport
- Copy student card
- Certificate of Health Insurance
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
Deadline for Submission: 15 September 2018
- Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
- OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Kyoto University as host university selection.
- FINAL decision from Kyoto University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) before August 27th, 2018.
School Affairs Section, Administration OfficeGraduate School of Energy Science, Kyoto UniversityYoshida Honmachi Sakyo-ku Kyoto 606-8501 JAPANTel: +81 75 753 5576 Fax: +81 75 753 4745