[This program is self-funded]
We are delighted to invite you r students to UAB Barcelona Summer School that will take place at our ma in campus in Barcelona from June 25th to August 3rd. The UAB Barcelona Summer School offers undergraduate subjects in a range of fields; it takes place on the UAB Campus once the ordinary academic year is over. The courses are taught 100% in English and are full-time intensive programmes, consisting of at least 55 contact hours over a three-week period. Lectures take place in the mornings from 9am to 1pm and students are recommended to spend between two and three hours per day on self-guided study. All subjects are worth 6 ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System), which your university can transfer to your own degree programme (depending on your home university’s regulations), particularly if it already has a mobility programme in place with the UAB. Please kindly download the brochure for additional information from UAB Brochures.
For details about the schedule, please refer to the information below:
1st period: June 25th – July 13th
- Leadership, Negotiation Techniques
- Theory and Analysis of Television
- Computer Networks
- Ecological Economics and Degrowth Principles
- Introduction to Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Planet Earth
- Introduction to Translation and Interpreting Technologies
- Resources for Teaching and Learning English in Infant and Primary Education
- Urban Performing Arts
- Psychological First Aid
2nd period: July 16th – August 3rd
- European Economic Integration
- Geography of Global Change
- Critical Thinking
- Fundamentals Psychobiology
- History of Asia
- Career Development for the Common Good
- Psychological First Aid (in Spanish)
- How Cities Bounce Back from a Terror Attack: Barcelona (Spain) as an Experience
ACCOMMODATION AT THE UAB CAMPUS
Vila Universitària – Halls of Residence
Vila Universitària is the residential area of the UAB campus, located in a natural green belt of park land and forests. In the Vila apartments you will quickly feel at home, in a comfortable, relaxing environment. It is a few minutes’ walk from Vila Universitària to Bellaterra train station, which offers a great connection with central Barcelona, just 20 km away, and also easily accessible by road. The residential area is within walking distance of the UAB faculties and over 40 research centers.
Within the Vila Universitària there are 812 apartments of various shapes and sizes which can accommodate up to 2,193 people (24 of which are adapted for people with reduced mobility).
All apartments have one room with two beds, one bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen and dining room. Towels and linen are included.
For more information: vilauniversitaria.uab.cat/en/
For reservations: please, contact to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for “Aldara Gonzalez”. Please, let her know you are enrolled at the UAB Barcelona Summer School in order get an especial discount. Use “UABSUMMER2018” as a promotional code so they would offer you special conditions on the booking.
Attention! No rooms available for the first term (25th June – 13rd July).
The 104 rooms of the Hotel Campus are fully equipped with air-conditioning and heating, mini-bar fridge, satellite TV, desk, toilet amenities, digital safe and free Wi-Fi access.
For more information: www.hotelcampusuab.com/EN/hotel
For reservations: please, let them know you are enrolled at the UAB Barcelona Summer School. Use “UABSUMMER2018” as a promotional code so they would offer you special conditions on the booking.
UAB Campus Residential Area Facilities and Services
- 2 restaurants and 1 bar/coffee shop at the Hotel Campus.
- 2 bars/restaurants in the halls of residence area.
- Outdoor swimming pool, football field, beach volleyball court, 2 table-tennis tables, 2 street basketball systems, garden.
- Stationery and candy store, grocery store, launderette and 2 ATM machines.
- 24/7 security service.
- Outdoor Wi-Fi.
Sports Facilities on the UAB Campus
The sports facilities of the UAB, situated within walking distance from the residential area of UAB Campus, are, purely in terms of their variety and quality, one of the most fully equipped sporting complexes in Catalonia. They include 2 indoor swimming pools, a gym hall, a fitness room, tennis, paddle tennis and squash courts, a racquetball court, an indoor sports pavilion, an artificial grass outdoor football field, a rock climbing area, a beach volleyball court, a sauna, locker rooms and a solarium. In addition, there are 6 nature trails on the UAB Campus.
All residents in Vila Universitària can take advantage of the sport facilities in the same conditions as the members of the university community.
For more information: saf.uab.cat/
ACCOMMODATION IN BARCELONA
Barcelona Centre Universitary (BCU)
Its offers accommodation in Barcelona city centre.
For reservations: please, click on bcu.cat/en/accommodation-in-barcelona. It offers 10% discount for students enrolled at the UAB Barcelona Summer School. Please ask for the promotional code “UABSUMMER2018”.
It offers apartments and rooms for students in Barcelona city centre.
For reservations: Please contact them using this address: email@example.com. Ask for the promotional code “UABSUMMER2018”.
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- Motivation Letter
- A copy of academic transcript and diploma/ master degree certificate (legalized)
- Official academic transcript (legalized)
- Colored copy of passport
- Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
- English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP=530, iBT 80 or IELTS 6.0)
- Certified copies of all relevant academic qualifications.
- Submit your online application via webpage: www.uab.cat/barcelona -summer-school.
- Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
- OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
- Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Autonomous University of Barcelona as host university selection.
- FINAL decision from Autonomous University of Barcelona.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than May 2, 2018.