[This program is self-funded]
This 4-week intensive Japanese Studies Program provides international undergraduate students who have an interest in Japanese culture, a good opportunity to study various aspects of Japan — traditional, modern and contemporary. You can choose from weekday courses which may be of interest to you, as well as the chance to go on weekend excursions in and around the Saitama/Tokyo area. All classes will be conducted in English, and an introductory Japanese language class will also be available for those who wish to start leaning this interesting and unique language.
Program Brochure: https://simpan.ugm.ac.id/s/OwuHLT5Crabk0Mu
June 11 (Mon) – July 6 (Fri), 2018 (4-week program)
◆ Each course is 1 credit / 12 hours or 2 credits / 24 hours.
◆ All students are recommended to take a minimum of 2 courses from the following list.
1.History of Traditional Japan through Film (2 credits)
2.Contemporary Visual Art and Design in Asia and Japan (2 credits)
3.Japanese Material Culture (2 credits)
4.Global Agenda and International Development in the Japanese Perspective (1 credit)
5.Economic Policies in Japan (1 credit)
6.Japanese Language class for absolute Beginners (the first half of A1 of CEFR) or Beginners(A1 of CEFR) (1 credit)
◆ Minimum English test scores required :
TOEFL PBT 550; TOEFL iBT 79; IELTS 6.0 (Non-native speakers of English only)
• Application Form ApplicationForm 2018(Saitama University)
• Curriculum Vitae
• Motivation Letter
• Certificate of Enrollment from faculty
• Official academic transcript
• Letter of Recommendation from academic advisor
• Colored copy of passport
• Passport-size photo (4 pieces, 3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background color, taken within the past three months)
• Letter of Nomination from faculty (*addressed to Head of Office of International Affairs)
• English language proficiency (Min. Score of TOEFL – ITP 550; TOEFL iBT 79; IELTS 6.0 (Non-native speakers of English only)
1) Submit the aforementioned documents to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur F-13) for internal review.
2) OIA staffs will evaluate your application.
3) Once you are selected as Nominated Student, OIA will send your application to Saitama University as for host university selection.
4) FINAL decision from Saitama University.
Please send all documents above in 2 COPIES to Office of International Affairs, UGM (Bulaksumur Block F-13) no later than February 5, 2017.